Thursday, November 18, 2010

Halloween and a Little Lamb

Here's Cami in all her lammie glory. I love that she's holding the little teddy bear and the pink purse, looking oh so cute. This was a few days before Halloween, just to make sure her costume fit. Yay for garage sales- thanks Mom! The Halloween festivities this year were fun...I loved how the whole week leading up to it was celebrated as well. I went to Gardner Village a couple times to check out their awesome witches and let Cami enjoy all the pumpkins (boo boo's) and spiders. I don't think she realized where she had her hand in this picture. hehe.
Jake met us there after work- what a guy, willing to subject himself to the womanly atmosphere.
Here's our little lamb, posing with the pumpkins on the front porch.
On Saturday, we hit up Macey's grocery store for their trick or treating. They had this really freaky blow up spider, and Cami got some yummy candy.
That night, Jake put on this nasty Pirates of the Caribbean mask of Davy Jones? Is that his name? He borrowed it from Abe and wore the costume (which turned out to be a little snug) to his work party on Friday. Cam just looked at it with confusion, but the next night when he wore it to get her out of her crib after a nap, she totally freaked! She screamed and jumped and cried and trembled for the next 5 minutes. haha it was really sad but quite funny.
Jake took her trick or treating on Saturday night in the pooouuuring rain. It was ridiculous weather! Chilly and completely rainy, so she got soaked and came home smelling like a wet dog. But she had fun and enjoyed coming home with a bag full of candy! I also went way overboard on buying candy this year for trick or treaters, because it was on such a good sale. I ended up with 10 bags, and we only used about 1. Geeeeezo. I'll stash it away for Cami's next birthday party. :)
On Sunday, Halloween night, we had my family over for a festive Halloween dinner. Bree, Brittney and her kids, Grandma and Nate and Allison came and brought yummy things to add to the night. I made Dinner in a Pumpkin, which I blogged about last year, but I decided to try it in a carving pumpkin this year and it didn't get tender at all. So we weren't able to scrape yummy pumpkin and eat that with our meal, but it still tasted alright. We had veggies, rolls, Grandma's pie filling jello and jigglers to go with it. Cami and Ari got to face each other in their matching high chairs (and I love Ari's little crossed mini ankles).
Bree joined the kids and wore her costume to the party! Go SuperGirl!
Matt and Bryan looking dapper in their costumes, and the girls with Auntie Bree and that creepy eyeball balloon that Jake brought home from work. Cami loved the balloons when she first saw them though.
We put the girls in their costumes before we called Mom and Dad on Skype. I love Ari's flower!
Britt and her super delicious candy barrel chocolate cake to celebrate Allison's 29th birthday as well. The kitkat barrell was full of candy corns top of the cake! YUM.
Cami loved it, and she's a huge Halloween fan. She can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

That cake was kind of a disaster, but it was a fun idea. :) I'm glad we got to celebrate a not-so-spooky Halloween together! Thanks for having us!

Linda said...

She's such a little dolly! Hope she wasn't scarred for life by the scary mask! Love seeing her pictures.