Yay for free Zoo days! Frow November to February, every last Wednesday of the month is FREE at Hogle Zoo. And this was the first time I took advantage of it! Cami's friend Bella and her Mommy joined us for a fun filled day in the snow last week. I love these first 2 pictures. Cami was so happy and excited, and she gave Bella an enthusiastic hug.
What a goofball!We got there in the morning right after it opened, and all the animals were really active and lively. It was so fun! And there were hardly any people there. We made sure to bundle up really good, since it was about 30 degrees, and we stayed nice and warm for the most part. Cami is a huge animal fan, so she had a blast.
Cougar...GO BYU!
This is a crappy pic, but the gorilla was so funny. He crossed his legs, and kept covering his eyes with his hand.
I love these cute drinking fountains.
And here's the real thing! A cute yawning tiger. I think the tigers were my favorite part, cuz they like winter better than summer, so they were all up and about.
The giraffes come in a close 2nd! They were one of Cami's favorites, too. I just can't get over what an ODD animal the giraffe is! I tell ya, Heavenly Father sure has a creative imagination. And they're Jake's favorite animal, just cuz they're so cool and weird.
Cami liked watching them gnaw on old upside down Christmas trees hanging from the ceiling. Such silly little mouths.
And at one point, Cami kept pointing to the ground and saying "Strawberries! I want strawberries, I want strawberries!" After hearing this a few times, I wondered where the heck it was coming from. So I followed where she was pointing to, and saw lovely round Giraffe droppings that looked just like blueberries. Since Cami mixes up blueberries with strawberries...you get the picture. Silly little Cam Cam. :)
I think Cami's favorite animals were the snakes and the crocodile! She is so interested in reptiles and creepy crawly things, probably because I put emphasis on their "scariness". :) And she tries to compensate by showing them affection. Whenever I read her a book with a spider or snake in it, I say spiiiider oooooh, and she puts the page up to her mouth and kisses the spider. Silly girl. It's cute though. It's like her defense mechanism of not getting scared.
Always love the monkeys!
The elephant was so cute, and also ate an upside down Christmas tree. I don't know where the baby was, or if this IS the baby?
And the peacocks were really pretty and fearless, walking right through our path.
Such a fun time, and I'm already excited to go again at the end of this month. Cami loved talking about it this week....she'd say "crocodile....sharp teeth.....ooooooh...scarrrrry. Ooo oooh, ah ah (monkeys). Giraffe....armp armp.....poop! Ooo-ooo, oo-ooo (owl) after which she'd make snoring noises cuz the owl's eyes were closed. It's so fun to see what her little brain remembers.



















5 comments:
Yay Schmeether! I love your little trip to the zoo. I definitely want to join you next time! Going to the zoo with kids is so much more enjoyable than by yourself or with grown-ups. Wait... who goes to the zoo by themselves? And I take that back. Cassity and I went to the zoo for her 26th Birthday to see the baby elephant and that was actually tons of fun. :) Cheers to the zoo!
I want to go with you, too! How cool that all the animals were out! I love that Cam kisses the spiders and things, and all the cute things she said about the zoo afterwards. So fun.
Looks like a fun winter outing! Don't you wish you could read Cami's mind and wonder what she's thinking ? Such cute little conversations "after the fact". She looks cute in her warm hat and coat!
Hi my beautiful friend! Cambria is so adorable! I've never even been to the Hogle Zoo - we should meet there sometime w/ the kiddies :). And I LOVE your hair cut! Did your hair get darker after giving birth like mine did? Mine is split in half now - the top is dark (post pregnancy) and the bottom is light (pre pregnancy) :). And that Zermatt? place looks SOOOOOO COOOOL!!!! I'm so glad you have a blog!
Heather guess what! You served in Linz, right? An old friend of my dad's, he and his wife just got reassigned to our mission and are opening an Outreach Center there! Exciting!
Post a Comment