This girl is a huge birthday fan. She loves the birthday song, LOVES candles and blowing them out, is an avid cake eater, takes great interest in presents (whether they're hers or not) and loves a good reason to celebrate. So she was quite excited when she received an invitation in the mail to her friend Jacob's 2nd birthday party. We hung it on the fridge for the week, and she'd look at it and say "Jacob! Birthday party!" The day finally came, and I conjured up a cute little outfit from random articles of her clothing. Cute n' girly.
Jake and I accompanied her to the party, which included dinner for the families, and was quite delicious! As soon as we walked in, Cami spotted this colorful ball pit and was immediately drawn to it. Here she is with the birthday boy, playing in the balls and having a blast.
It was so fun to watch her that whole night. It's not often that she's with a group of kids who are exactly her age, some of whom she's never met, but she was such a little social bug! It was Cami and the boys, and she was completely comfortable and laughing and jumping and throwing balls. At one point, she and Jacob ended up on this chair together, and she just kept looking at him and smiling and laughing. It was adorable.
Showin some leg!
When present time came around, Cami was right up in the action and barely gave Jacob space to open them. It was kind of embarassing! And when this little 4 wheeler was revealed, Cami went right over and hopped on before Jacob even got a chance! We tried to pull her off, but she wouldn't budge, and Jacob didn't seem to mind. Everyone just laughed, but I thought "Oh man, here's a girl who likes to be in control."
Let me mention, that the week and a half of her bad cold brought out a whole different side to Cami Lamb. She was full of temper tantrums, throwing things, saying things like "Go away" and "No noooo!" It was exhausting. I don't know if it was the sickness, or just the terrible twos approaching. But a little bit of it came out at the party when Cami was done with presents before Jacob was, and really wanted cake! So we had to give her a cupcake to appease her, which was also a little embarassing.
As you can see, Cami was pretty much done with her cupcake, while poor birthday boy is sitting there reaching and longing for his cake. Bad manners, Cam!
Here are all the kids, while we tried to round them up for one shot. It was hard to keep them in one place!
And Cami got to pick her goodie bag before we left, which included some fun balls and basketball whistle, which she loves! I'm glad she likes tutus and crowns, but can also throw a ball and ride a 4 wheeler with the best of 'em.












6 comments:
Wow, she is getting SO BIG! Don't worry, Jason's full of lots of those same embarrasing, head-strong trates. Oy. It is tiring. :)
Wow- the beginnings of a diva! =) Looked fun, though, and I loved her socks and cute purple outfit.
Oh yes, I found a sparkly bouncy ball in the couch cushions when I was making my "bed". Cute... :) I love the random purple outfit-- quite adorable!
She is a feisty one, huh? I think we're both going to have our hands full in the years to come with our headstrong girls. Cute outfit, and I'm glad she had fun! Can't wait to join her for HER party soon!!
I love her outfit. What a cutie! Yes it sounds like the terrible two's are fast approaching for your little one. It's a good thing she is so adorable and gorgeous!
By the way, I just realized that President lives REALLY close to the zoo! I emailed him recently saying that you and I are going to have a play date there one of these days and we'd love to pay them a visit, too. Here's what he said:
"We are around the corner from the zoo. There is about 6 inches of snow here now but when the weather improves it would be fun to take your kids there and we would be thrilled to see the two of you and little kids. We are usually here on Friday afternoon but let us know in advance. Also here sometimes on Thursday afternoon and morning but let us know and we will be sure to clear the calendar."
I love President Wirthlin!
So we should do that.
P.S. Are you going to the reunion?
Post a Comment