Ari slept in a pack n' play down in the new basement bedroom, and did spectacularly! We had a monitor down there too, and every night and every day for naps she went right to sleep and never made a peep. So that was a huge relief- what a good girl! Every morning, Cam would wake up and say "Ari!" and was always so excited to see her.
They loved eating together at the table every day, especially cereal in the mornings. Ari sure loves Life cereal! They were little goofballs together.
And of course loved doing Ring Around the Rosie and dancing!
Love it. So cute. Notice their matching shirts....I tried to match them whenever possible. Just cuz I could.
Here's the infamous picture of when I said, "Ok girls, put your arms around each other!" Then I demonstrated in thin air, and said "Put your arm on her shoulder". And this is what I got:
Hahahaha. It's amazing what their little minds come up with. I think one did it first, and the other copied. Ok, that'll work!
I took them to the Southtowne Mall to play on the little dino land, and to try out Britt's double stroller. They had fun running around and Cami went to town on the slides!
Enjoying some nice weather in the front yard...
Their favorite pasttime outside was running down the gradual slope of our lawn down to the sidewalk, which made me nervous EVERY time. They'd run, stop at the sidewalk, ignore my direction to stay on the grass, test their limits, and then run back up the lawn, giggling. Silly girls.
And of Course they had fun in the bathtub together! It was so fun to watch them splashing and laughing.
Here's a video for your viewing pleasure, of breakfast on the first morning. See what I mean when I say it was quite a lively week with the 2 of them together??
On Thursday, we went to storytime at the library, which Cami loves and Ari wasn't so sure about. She stuck close to me, but loved looking at the spider (tarantula) with Cami. That's Cam's favorite part of going to the South Jordan Library. That, and reading books in the kids section, of course!
They wanted to chill on the kitchen floor with their blankies that afternoon. Don't ask me why!And on Friday, here's a cute shot of them in their jammies, doing what they did best. Pushing around the stroller and shopping cart! We had a bit of a problem the first day, because they both wanted to push the baby stroller and kept fighting over it. So then I brought out the shopping cart so that they could BOTH have something to push, but then they would still fight over whichever one the other was pushing. :) Drama, I tell you. But I do love Cam's face in this one!
They went with me to the Women's Expo, and got all kinds of treats and toys from different booths. Thank goodness for that double stroller! That afternoon, I decided to copy my sister-in-law Kate's idea from here, and have the girls color rainbows. I drew the outlines, and had them color to their heart's content.
Cutie pie Ari with her rainbow
Then I broke out the Skittles, and we sorted them by color, and the girls helped me name the colors as we placed them on their rainbows. That's Cam's silly smile....she was so giddy to eat her Skittles.
They continued playing that day by pushing and having occasional traffic jams.
And that night, we had waffles and eggs for dinner! Check out those jammy faces- are those cute or what?!


















4 comments:
What about all the other things you took them to do? Wheeler Farm / Family Easter Egg Hunt, the Children's Museum, Walter's Birthday Party, out to get donuts at the factory, multiple trips to Chick-fil-A for breakfast, Kids meals, and all the other other fun outings..what a nice mommy / aunt:)
I can't say I miss double the diapers (For some reason it sure is WAY more disgusting changing someone elses' kid's poopy dirreaha diapers) and I don't miss the two little girls' CONSTANT fighting "Mine!"...exhausting! But I do miss the cute moments watching them together. That Ari sure is a cutie too:) Love ya!
Adorable!!! They totally could be fraternal twins, same color hair, curly, same length. Oh they are adorable!
Hahaha! I love it. Those pictures are all classic. I'll have to get some copies from you! I love that video, too. :) Thank you so much for putting up with her! You certainly had your hands full! :)
Love reading this! And I have tears in my eyes from watching the vidoe- sure miss those cute girlies!! They are so adorable together! They'll have so many fun pictures to look back on their childhood together. I think I only have a couple of Joyce and me....but one I love of us in swimming suits. I'm short and "sturdy" and she's a long tall string bean! These two little things are like peas in a pod! =) Fun memories!
Post a Comment