She got some playdough for her birthday, and I was finally a good mom and broke it out for her to play with. She had fun with it- what kid doesn't??
We went to our favorite park in West Jordan with Cam's cousins. Ari likes to sit at the top of the slide but not go down...she takes the stairs instead!
I just love this picture of Cam's cute smile and butterfly shirt. Nice and springy. We really wanted spring to come last month! It took it's sweet time.
Haha....Cam wore this little princess outfit for the first time, since it's actually a Halloween costume but is getting small so I wanted her to wear it at least once! It was her party dress for cousin Clara's 1st birthday.
Check out this adorable cake that Jana made! Care bear for Clare bear.
I loved the rainbow inside....genius! Cami loved eating it.
Just playin with some wooden animal blocks, which doesn't happen often. I think stacking blocks is an awesome learning activity for kids, but Cami prefers reading. I'll let it slide. (P.S. Just now, Cami was in her room reading for about an hour before we ate dinner. Then she went back in and started reading, but Jake wanted to take her on a walk, so he tried to pry her away. "Noooooo!! I read books!" To which Jake replied, "I'm not going to have a child who sits inside all day! What's next, video games?" hahaha. I think it's funny that he's afraid it'll go from reading books to video games, and that she'll be a shut-in. Really, we're thrilled that she loves books so much!
One day, Cami and I drove down to Orem/Springville for a day trip. Those days are always so fun! I don't do it nearly as often as I'd like. But our first stop was Bree's house for a short visit before she left for work. Sadie the dog is a crazy maniac, albeit cute, but Cam is terrified of Sadie's jumps and pounces. So I set her up on the counter for shelter!
Love it. :)
Next, we went out to lunch to the Pita Pit, one of my all time favorite lunchtime eating spots, with Carrianne and little Bella. They recently moved to Orem, so we don't get to see them as often, but Cami loves playing with her longtime playdate friend!
Awwwww. Hugs.
Next stop was Ari's house! We always have fun there with Britt and the kiddos. Cami didn't take a nap that whole day, but she didn't seem to mind! She baked some yummy chocolate cookies with Aunt Brittney.
Hung out with Ari while I brushed up on my Wii Fit skills....and then we all went swimming at their clubhouse pool! I'd promised Bryan the next time I came, I'd take him swimming. Cami was for some reason afraid of the water, and shivered the whole entire time, but it was fun. I love swimming any chance I get! (In fact, I had a dream about swimming last night....that I was swimming freestyle in front of a bunch of people, and they were so impressed with my time, that I got entered into the Olympic finals. I felt so cool.)
Cam got dressed up on April 1st to go to my mission reunion. I've been back almost 6 years now-crazy! I love this little dress from Grandma Yospe. She loved to twirl in it!
President Wirthlin (member him? The man with 17 kids from one amazing woman?) has a crazy awesome house with all his African safari hunting souvenirs. Cami thought the lions were pretty dang cool!
Heeeeere kitty kitty.
This is the gang that came to the reunion. The numbers are getting few! But it's fun....we meet at their house, have a nice dinner, sing some German hymns and catch up. We're in the left bottom corner if you needed help. :)
General Conference weekend was lovely! I Loooooove Conference. Every time, it's just so uplifting and exciting to hear new things and comforting to hear from our prophet and apostles. And I love waking up, taking it easy, eating yummy food all weekend, and getting lots of family time. Saturday night, we went out to dinner at Red Maple Chinese, a new place we had a gift certificate for. I was amazed when the plate of food came out! And this was after I'd finished my favorite part...the hot and sour soup! Mmmm.
It wasn't our favorite....we still love Sampan the best, but it was good. Cami enjoyed ice, as is her usual restaurant favorite.Jake headed to Priesthood session, and Cami and I went to Deseret Book and scored a free plaque and a cookbook in the giveaway! It was fun. Sunday, we had breakfast casserole and bummed it while it looked like THIS outside:
April much?? Come on. The weather's been crazy. But I'm happy that the grass is bright green, the blossoms are out now, and the daffodils are making way for the blooming tulips! Such a happy sight. I love spring. And I'm so excited for Easter this week!























2 comments:
Cam is SOOOO CUTE!! I love that first picture of her...ADORABLE!!
You are such a fun mommy. I love how active and social you are. She is a very lucky little lady.
Post a Comment