Cam was good as long as she was holding on to our hands and not getting too wet.
Or laying on me in the shallowest part. :) Silly girl! But she warmed up to it and was playing in no time.
Jake was also smart and brought a little life vest for her to wear, and she loved it. He convinced her to go down the water slide, and after she did it once, she wanted to go again and again! Ari preferred to stay with me and splash around.
Here's the froggy slide that Cami's STILL talking about. She went down with me once, but she was scared of it. She always talks about things that scare her with a kind of fascination. "Froggy sliiiide...ooooh....scaarrryy."
After the swimming, we showered and got ready for my nephew Walter's 1st birthday party! It was a fun Mickey Mouse themed party with lots of cousins and aunts and uncles!
Here's the birthday boy with his Mickey ears, ready to blow out the candle with his cute Mom and Dad. Esther did a great job making the Mickey cake and a bunch of yummy cupcakes!
The girls went to town on them, although Ari just licked the frosting off the top. :) It's so funny to see kid's little quirks and preferences.The next day was Sunday, and that meant nursery! Cami's favorite time of the week it seems like now. It was fun for her to take Ari this time, and they both did great and made little paper bag puppets. Jake got them to laugh for this adorable picture after church- love it!
I don't remember what we did Monday....mostly stayed home and tried to keep the peace between the girls and their mutually wanted toys. :) Car rides were always interesting too....their seats were right next to each other, so they had fun laughing and singing and chanting together. But they'd also touch each other and I'd hear "Mine!" "Noooo miiiine!" "Mommy....Cami touched me!" (Yes, Ari started calling me Mommy by about the 2nd day she was staying with us. It was cute.) Anyways, there was a lot of sibling rivalry going on at times. I'd better get used to it!
Tuesday was a super fun filled day, which started out with the Discovery Gateway Museum! We went with Kate, Mae and lil Henry, and the girls had a blast. I love this picture of them walking down the rainy street.
Zylophone fun
Checking out the mouse hole in the play house.
Adding some cheese to the shopping cart at the grocery store. I love this little section!
Sportin a cow costume
And playing in the water...,mostly drinking it. Bluggghhh.
Afterwards, we walked down the Gateway to Ben & Jerry's for their free scoop day! Nothin better than free ice cream. Mae was so cute with them.
I got them both strawberry, and they loved it! We didn't even have to wait in line, it was great. But as soon as we left, there was a line way down the street, so we totally lucked out. It was a cold, windy day, but we managed to sit and finish our ice cream. Ari's straining to take a big bite of her ice cream!
I got to finish Ari's, since she handed it to me once she got to the cone. :) But Cami ate her whole thing right down to the last little bit of cone! I was so impressed, cuz that was her first real ice cream cone, but she was a champ and now asks for "pink" ice cream whenever I ask what kind she wants.




















4 comments:
I love this! I think the most fun thing about being an aunt is being so excited to show pictures like this to the kids when they're older. I don't know why that becomes an "Aunt" responsibility... but I feel it. I wonder if Aunt Chris chuckled over nerdy pics of us as kids? :) Anyway, I LOVE the couch pic of the girls after church... priceless!
So darling. Love the couch picture, too, and the cow costume and the ones where they're holding hands :).
p.s. I think it'd be best if I mailed that headband to you instead of waiting till I see you b/c it's too risky that I'll remember to bring it :). So, what's your address?
That's so cute that Cami loved holdin hands and not getting wet! We had a blast the gateay. (Now, Mae keeps asking for ice cream every time we go!)
Love their little swimming suit bods, and the puppet picture on the couch is a perfect cousin framing picture. Cute, cute girls!
Post a Comment