Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Stake 5K Fun Run & Ensign Peak

 A couple Saturdays ago, we got up bright and early in the morning and went to the Jordan River Trail for our stake's Fun Run. We were babysitting Mae and Henry overnight, so they came along and joined the fun! Jake took the girls in a jogging stroller so that he could run his heart out, and I pushed Henry in our stroller so that could take it at a leisurely stroll. :) As soon as I started walking, I noticed that my tail bone was sore (maybe I need to start sleeping with that pillow between my knees) and I had slept crappy and had no energy. Sooo Henry and I enjoyed the scenery and went nice and slow (and cheated a little bit by not going all the way to the end before turning around). But Jake did great and was the first stroller pusher to finish. I caught a picture of him in action as they passed me on the way back.
 The girls had fun together, and they gave me a nice warm welcome when I finally reappeared at the end.


 I'm glad our stake does this race every year- it's fun and close to home and super low key, and I wish more people showed up to enjoy it! They do a pancake breakfast under the pavilion after the race, which is fun too. Next year, I'm gonna totally run it without this preggo belly!

Our ward playgroup had a fun activity recently, where we hiked up to Ensign Peak in Salt Lake. I'd never been there before, and didn't know quite what to expect from the hike. I almost bowed out, but decided to just GO and do the best that I could and that little Cam's legs could handle. Here she is all ready to go!
 I tried to get her to pee in the bushes, but she wouldn't have it. Luckily she made it the whole time without an accident, yay!
 We started out, and brought up the rear of the group. I told the other 3 moms and all their kiddos to go ahead without us and we'd make it as far as we could. It was nice to take our time and just enjoy the view as we got further and further up the hill.

 See the temple?
 A big old bus of EFY kids did the hike and passed us on the way. Cam and I stopped and took breaks and enjoyed a Clif bar, and then she decided that she was done. :) Hot and tired and ready to go downhill. We almost made it though! I'll have to go back with Jake and finish it to the top.
 Cute little 2 year old hiker! She did awesome.
 Pretty view!
 I think this was called Vista Point. A little lookout point towards the bottom.
 After the hike, we all headed over to the Daugters of Utah Pioneers Museum. I'd been there once with my assisted living residents, and it was fun to go again and see all the neat displays.
 And we loved all the roses out front! Cam and I smelled a ton...mmm so fragrant. Definitely never be too busy to stop and smell the roses. :)

No comments: