I love how many events and festivities happen in Utah around Pioneer Day. It just adds to the happiness of July! And it was extra fun having my mom here for the whole month. First, we went to the Days of '47 Parade Float Preview at the expo center, where Cami got to ride on this cool automated turtle from one of the floats. We voted on our stake float as our favorite, and it ended up getting the "Children's Choice" award!
Jake's Dad invited us to the Day's of 47 Rodeo, which was a fun time. I do love rodeos! Cami loved seeing all the horses and baby calves, and she got a kick out of the clown hiding in the barrel during bull riding.
Cam and Grandma Toone watching the action.Yeeeehaww!
On Friday night, my mom and I were lucky enough to attend the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Pioneer Day concert at the Conference Cetner. There were two Broadway singer guests, and the concert was mostly a tribute to those serving or who have served in the armed forces. It was really good, and as I watched a video tribute of the pioneers, I was humbled by the reminder that it could be much worse for me- I could be a pregnant pioneer! Can't. Even. Imagine.
Here they are, all lined up, ready to ride! I was so glad Cami wanted to be part of it...she was almost the youngest one, but looked so cute on her little trike with the pedals she can't reach. :)
Some kids even dressed up as pioneers.
A few shots after church the next day, on actual Pioneer Day. Love this dress!
And love this adorable Daddy daughter pic.
And finally, Monday came with more festivities, beginning with the parade. I'm really glad we got to go with Jake's family- it was so fun! The weather was perfect...overcast and just warm, and we got to sit in the reserved KSL section on a grassy hill.
Looking cute and summery...
Me looking not cute with morning face, but I like this one of Jake.
The cousins got to sit together and chow down on candy and the free Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes (mine was THE best little cupcake I'd ever had) and Creamie popsicles that KSL passed out. My favorite part of the parade- surprise surprise!
Mmmmm Creeeeeeamies. Love em.
Later, we stopped by Cabela's to look at the animals and fish on our way down to Orem for the night.
haha
And we finished off the day with a dinner and concert at the Scera Shell. It was Sawyer Brown performing, but the concert got rained out and was delayed for an hour and a half, so we ended up leaving right when they showed their wussy faces on stage. It was an adventure, though, and a fun way to end the week of celebrating Pioneer Day!

















1 comment:
Wow. You do know how to keep busy! :) That was quite the weekend you had, and so much fun! I'm glad you take lots of pictures to remember all the fun festivities. Keep up the good work, Mama.
Post a Comment