I have been a SLACKER! Here my baby is, already a month and a half old, and there's only like 3 pictures of her on our blog. Sorry Grandmas! So here's a bunch of pictures starting with the day we left the hospital on September 29th. Isn't her body so cute and teensy in that big carseat? The day we got home, Cami began to get acquainted with her new little sister. She quickly learned that it's fun to rock Lexie in her swing, and put her pacifier in her mouth. Cam really is a good little helper and such a sweetheart with the baby.
I love love love these pictures of the girls in Cami's toddler bed. By the way, we bought this cute little bed off KSL a couple months ago. We wanted Cami to be comfortable sleeping in it by the time the baby came, and she has done awesome. She has never gotten out of it once she's laying down, and looks so precious sleeping in it with her big girl pillow and blankets, and of course surrounded by various stuffed animal friends.
Cam thought it would be fun to have baby girl lay in her bed with her. It's so WEIRD how big Cami seems now compared to Lexi, but of course she'll always be my sweet little baby girl! Is this not so precious.
I'm too lazy to go back and turn this picture, but it's just to show how "tan" Alexia got with jaundice. Her levels were super high when we took her to the pediatrician the day after the hospital, so she had to go on the lights. Ohhhh that was the worst night of mine and Jake's lives. She cried the entiiiiiiire time.
It was the stupid little mesh cap she had to wear that came down over her eves and nose, with little gauze pads to cover her eyes from the lights. Who makes such a stupid thing for a newborn to wear?? Lexi just hates anything covering her eyes, we quickly found out, but we had to do it for that darned billibed. We gave her a binkie, but she couldn't keep it in her mouth., we tried playing a lullaby CD, white noise, a hair dryer, etc. Nothing stopped her misery and thrashing. Miraculously, and in answer to my prayers, she only had to be on the bed that one night. We just had to take her in to the doc about 5 times to get her heel pricked and levels checked. Jake is the designated holder at times like these- he's such a good, comforting dad.
More Cami and Lexi bonding times....and a little love pat on the bum.
Just to help rid her of the jaundice, we placed her in the sunny window, and she loved it! Totally basked in the warm sunshine. She was so teensy! I was nursing, but not producing much because of my health, so the poor babe kept losing weight till she got to about 6 lbs 2 oz (she started at 6 lbs 15 oz). So we started supplementing and then I ended up having to giive up nursing altogether. Sad!
But I know that is best for both of us, and she's totally thriving and getting cute and plump now. I love watching her when she's sleeping...babies must have the most interesting adventures in their sleep. Lexi will kind of chuckle in her sleep, along with a cute lingering smile, and then at other times she'll suddenly crry out with a heartbreaking face, and then be totally at peace the next second. Fun times.
Enjoying breakfast together. Cami loves to have Lexi next to her in the bouncer seat while she eats. She'll claim, "Hey, Lexi's smiling at me!"
Such a cute sister picture.
Daddy and Cami with the little ladybug. Jake's coworker gave that as a gift- it's adorable. Lex definitely doesn't like the hat though.
Or this one. But it's just so dang cute! Jake's cousin made this hat when Cam was born. Love this little purple bundle of joy.
First bath! I think it had been like a week since her first one at the hospital, so it was high time! She loves the water, and just sits there so alert and on the edge of her seat.
Sweet visit from Grandma Toone! She was in heaven.Love this one of her fuzzy reddish hairline. I have a feeling she's going to have light hair and blue eyes!
Not turning this one either, but I just love how cuddly she looks, and the fact that her arm is hanging out. She will NOT stay swaddled with her arms in. She always wiggles them out and has them up by her face. Whatever floats her boat!
hahaha. Nerdy picture of a ruffly hat.
I just like her cute face.
I love picking out cute outfits for her to wear!
Like this one.
And this one. Cute little strawberry.I love her face in this one.
Auntie Bree loves her nieces! I have a picture of her just like this with Cami, too. So cute.
Sooo peaceful. She seriously sleeps most of the day away. And only wakes up a couple times in the night. Such a doll!
Her first time to church! Mom and I took her for sacrament meeting on October 16th to watch Jake and Cami in the primary program. It was fun to dress her up in fancy clothes for the first time!
I love my sweet girls. Cami looked so cute up on the stand singing :"I Love to See the Temple" with the nursery kids. She didn't sing one word of it, but sure looked cute!
And here's Daddy and Lexi, just chillin together. Love seeing a dad and his baby girl- so precious.
So that takes us up to about the first 2 weeks of Alexia's life. I have lots more picctures to come!




























4 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad you finally shared Lexi pics! The world needs to see the little peanut of your misery for so many months. :) I'm glad things are slowly settling into place. I'm also glad I'm able to see you more often than not! Love you. And your family.
Oh I'm so glad she's sleeping well for you!! I'm sorry you had to stop nursing, that's kind of sad. :(
I'm amazed at how much character her face has already. I can actually see a lot of Jake in her, which is surprising to me because I usually can never tell which parent a baby looks like! Ha - maybe I'm totally wrong though, maybe in-person she looks just like you :).
That first one of her and Cami in Cami's bed - they both look like dolls! One big doll and one tiny doll :). So sweet.
Good luck with everything!!
Cute! I bet she'll seem a lot bigger next time I see her! They change so fast! I love all the fun outfits - definitely a perk of having a girl. :) Glad she's such an angel baby, for your sake especially!
Oh these pictures make me baby hungry! She is such a tiny little doll. Love it. I really liked the picture of her with your mom.
Post a Comment