Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cami Turned 3! Fun Facts

In honor of Cami's birthday, I'm copying my friend Evelyn who does this for her family members each year, and recording the latest facts about our Cami Lamb.

Nicknames: Cam, Cami, Cami Lamb, Camalamadingdong, Cam Squatch, Sweetie Peet, Silly Bill

Age: 3

Favorite color(s): Purple, pink, AND blue

Favorite Song(s): "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", and "I'm A Little Teapot" (is what she told me). She also loves "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam", "Once There Was a Snowman", the Max and Ruby theme song, the nursery rhyme songs, and Aunt Brittney just gave her a CD of a bunch of Disney and princess songs and Cami loves it!

Favorite Primary Songs: "I Am a Child of God", "I Love to See the Temple", "Jesus Said Love Everyone"

Favorite Movies: Toy Story 3 (the only Toy Story we have and that she's seen), the Toone Family DVD of compiled home videos that Uncle Nathan made for Christmas. Cami calls it "the cabin video". She also loves watching our wedding video. For the first half of the year Cami was obsessed with Beauty and the Beast. She wanted to watch it everyday, as well as Beauty and the Beast's Enchanted Christmas. She also loves Cinderella, Finding Nemo, and likes to talk about the witch on Snow White.

Favorite TV Shows: Max and Ruby! She read the book Bunny Cakes and loved it, so we got a Max and Ruby video from the library and from there she was hooked! She asks to watch it every day, and picks out a new video every week when we go to the library. Silly little brother and sister bunnies. Cami also loves Olivia, the cute little pig who wears red.

Favorite Food: Macaroni and cheese (is the first thing she came up with, but really she loves other things more), yogurt, string cheese, pizza, spaghetti, candy (like Smarties), strawberries, french fries, chicken nuggets, noodle soup, nuts, avocado. Cam's a good little eater, but she still doesn't eat bread! It drives me crazy! She loves to look forward to eating oatmeal or cereal with Daddy in the mornings. She has a major sweet tooth and asks for candy all the time! She chose pizza for her birthday dinner- she LOVES it.

Favorite Book(s): Max and Ruby books, Caps For Sale (also Daddy's childhood favorite), and princess books too

Favorite Game(s): The Lady Bug Game, Candy Land, Princess Memory

Favorite Toy(s): Baby Belle, Lu Lu (pink bear blankie), dollhouse, Mr. Potato Head, balloons, new princess playmat with little princess figurines, puzzles

Favorite Activities: "Playing with bugs" (was her first response. Yeah right. I said "You don't play with bugs!" She said "Yeah I do, I like bugs. I like snakes too, Mom." She is kind of preoccupied/fascinated with bugs and snakes but gets kind of scared when she's actually around them.) Cami loves to go to the library and read books, play on the playground on swings and slides, color, play with playdough, and go to nursery.

Favorite thing to do with Dad: Go Weeeee! Eat breakfast in the morning, ride on his back

Favorite thing to do with Mom: Bake things in the kitchen, go fun places

Biggest Accomplishments: Cami accomplished a LOT in the last year! She gave up her pacifier before she was 2, then she was potty trained during the summer (it took some time to get it down and get past the frequent accidents, but we did it!), stopped wearing diapers to bed a couple months ago, and switched to a big girl toddler bed in the fall. She is a champ at staying in bed- has never gotten out of bed or even opened her bedroom door. :) She still takes a good 2 hour nap every day right after lunch, and we plan to continue! She learned to say her prayers all by herself. She also welcomed her new baby sister into the world last year and is a wonderful big sister!

Talents: Cami is awesome with talking, conversating, and remembering things. She's a good little reader (reading to herself and making up her own stories of the pictures), and she likes to make up songs too. She's a great singer and can sing right on tune, yay! Great at puzzles and concentrating on a task at hand. Good sommersaulter...and we're still working on the dancing. :)

Most Endearing Qualities: Cutest little smile, shy at first but then opens right up when she warms up to people. Sense of humor- she's super funny! Friendly, wants to be friends with everyone, even mean little boys in fast food playlands. Loves to learn and ask questions, and says "I Love You" all the time. Cam loves to make Lexi laugh and give her hugs and kisses. And she's been so patient over the past year with a pregnant and sick Mom, going with the flow and never complaining. She's just been caring, concerned, and such a sweetheart.

Worst Qualities: Cami has quite a sassy side! Lately, she's taken to saying "NO!" a lot more, and being more demanding and upset when she doesn't get her way. Like when she wants Daddy to read her books when he gets home, instead of sit down to eat dinner. Silly girl. So we're working on listening and obeying.

Goals for next year: Learn to share a room with Lexie! Lex is still sleeping in a bassinett in our room, but she's 6 months now and it's time to move her to the crib in Cami's room. If they can't easily cohabitate, then Cam will move down to the newly finished basement bedroom. We'll see! We might start Cami on some kind of preschool or joyschool in the fall- she's ready! More goals...learn to color in the lines, maybe learn to like bread, learn which shoes go on the right feet, make new friends, continue being cute little Cam Cam. :)

What she wants to do when she gets older: "I want to go to school with a pack pack and look at bugs." She's REALLY looking forward to going to school!

Quotes: "I dreamt about a skeleton who was in a little house, and he tickled me with his bony shoulder and then I killed him dead." "There was a ghoooost chasing meeeee!" "A witch woke me up." Witches, ghosts and skeletons are kind of a preoccupation with her these days for some reason...I think maybe she got into Halloween a little too much! "It stinks in here! Yeah I smell something stinky. I think it's me tooting." "Can I look at pictures on your phone?" "Look Mom, that's a teeny tiny man." "I love you sooooo much, Dad." (I love you too) "No I love Yoouuuu!"

Current Stats: Weight: 29.5 lbs (25th percentile), Height: 37 inches (50th percentile), 25th percentile for body mass index- go girl!
We love you, Cambria Nicole!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Such a sweet post for a sweetheart of a girl! Loved it! Maybe if it's for posterity, you might want to add her real name somewhere....nowhere does it say Cambria! And that's a beautiful name you know! =) She is sure a sweetheart and a blessing!

Brittney said...

Fun idea, Heath! I loved being able to read so much about her. And I'm glad she's liking the Disney CD!

Heidi Perez said...

So cute! I love her quotes - so funny! And I'm pretty jealous about her accomplishments and general sweet nature :).

Art and Evelyn said...

So fun! A good record to have every year to see how much they change! Cami's the cutest! Hope she doesn't mind sharing her b-day with Andrew!! Happy 3rd birthday, cutie!!

Cheeseboy said...

Cathi said she told her last night about her birthday party and Cami said, "I invited my people". Ha ha! Her "people". So awesome.