Sunday, April 1, 2012

6 Months Already?!

Alexia Anne turned 6 months old last week.
Bless her little chubby cheeks and rolly poly legs. I took her to her pediatrician appointment with Dr. Buchanan, and she weighed in at 16 lbs 6 oz, and was 27.4 inches long. That puts her at 70 and 75th percentiles, and 50th for head size. Woo hoo, nice and healthy!
(Silly girl wanted to eat the paper)
Lexi Lou is the most calm, easy going, sweetest baby around. I think Heavenly Father knew that that's all I could handle at this time. She's happy, she sleeps from 8 pm to 7 am (still in a bassinet in our room...I know, that's crazy...one of these days we'll make the switch to the crib in Cami's room), eats like a champ, plays on the floor, chills in her bouncer seat, and naps in her swing.
Either I've been lazy (which I have, let's be honest) or she's just not in a hurry to accomplish things :). She's not sitting up yet...she just slumps right over. I blame it on the cute big belly. She doesn't have interest in putting weight on her legs when we try to stand her up, but the doc said that's ok- she just doesn't want to! She does like to smile and make noises though. And she rolls all over the place and holds herself up with her arms.
Pretty little pink princess in her lambie swing. Ohhh what would I do without that swing?
I LOVE this picture. She sure has fun kissable rosy cheeks.
This is a classic Lexi face, with her tongue hanging out.
I put her in this cute little outfit for the first time, and it was already too small! Made for a cute photo shoot though.

Blue-eyed beauty!
Lexi went through and might still be going through a "stranger anxiety" phase, even with close family members. Poor Auntie Bree...a couple times when she came over to visit, Lexi took one look at her and immediately got the quiver lip and burst out bawling. haha. Then she'd be ok when she saw me. It actually makes me feel good...since at the beginning of her life, I was afraid Lexi didn't know I was her mommy. Now she does! *phew*
big baby!
She loves her Grandmas and Grandpas. They sure are good to her! Hi Grandpa Yospe!
I wasn't in a hurry to introduce Lex to solid foods, so we actually just fed her some baby oatmeal for the first time on her 6 month birthday. She didn't know what was comin...
Daddy did the honors
There was a lot of tongue thrusting and spitting it out all over her chin, but I think of what she did swallow, she liked it!
Lex doesn't say any words yet, but she sure knows how to make herself heard! She is a champion raspberry blower, and it's when she's bored, agitated, or wanting attention. It's pretty cute.
And it took her awhile to finally laugh out loud, but we've found that the one who makes her laugh the most is Cami Lamb! Lexi loves silliness. I'm glad I captured some of the cuteness on video!

Happy 6 months, Lexi Lou! We can't imagine life without you!

4 comments:

Linda said...

I just discovered this new post- so fun!! Happy 6 months Alexia!! She's grown and changed so much in the last 3 months since I held her! Love the laughter and raspberries, and can't wait to kiss those chubby cheeks! What a sweetheart she is!

Unknown said...

I forget her name is Alexia! Such a pretty name. I love this whole post... and especially the laughter! And in all her "taking her time" in the development stages, let's just say she's taking after her awesome Auntie Bree. She'll grow up to be completely amazing. :)

Brittney said...

Oh my goodness, that laughing is so cute!! What a sweetie. :) Have fun with Grandma now in PA!!

Unknown said...

What?! 6 months?! CRAZY! She is adorable :)