Sunday, January 5, 2014

We Have a Preschool Girl!

Cami started preschool this year! Awww they grow up way too fast. She has been SO excited to go to school for as long as she could talk. She would talk about carrying a backpack, riding on the bus, and things that her teacher would teach and say. I enjoyed doing mom school at home, but I knew she would be thrilled to get out of the house and have the "real" experience.

She started in October as a Junior Jaguar at West Jordan High School. We'd heard good things about this student-run preschool. The lead teacher, Miss Kris, is wonderful. Then each high school student is trained and assigned to one preschooler. Cami has 2 girls she has, alternating each week. She likes them both and has so much fun at school. I'm so glad!
 She was so excited for her first day. Here she is, pretty in pink, with silly Lex.
 Oh the anticipation!
 Imagining all the fun things she would do on her first day at school...
 Aww my little baby, walking to school. We got there nice and early so that we'd have time for photos and being sentimental!
 Waiting outside the gate that leads to the playground and the preschool room door. On normal days, we just drive up to the curb and the students unbuckle the preschoolers and get them out of the cars and walk them inside. Quite nice!
 I love my sweet girl.

 We got to go in with her, play on the playground a little, and look around the classroom.
 Getting her nametag and cubby
 Washing her hands at the cute little people sized sink
 Making new friends...
 Exploring new toys
 That's my girl!
I'm so glad she loves school. Lexi and I have a couple hours every Tuesday and Thursday to ourselves, but we miss Cami when she's gone!
She brings home homework, crafts, books, prizes, and fun stories to tell me. She's also learned the cutest songs! (Chewy chewy chewy chewy chewy bubblegum! and "Love grows....one by one and two by two, three by three and four by four, love is a circle goes round and round and then comes knocking at your door.") Is this not the cutest picture ever?
She loves opening her backpack on the kitchen table when we get home and showing me all her fun stuff.
She's made some friends, and loves her teachers. I hope this is the beginning of lots of successful, learning-filled, enjoyable years at school for this little book loving lady!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

What a cute preschool room! I'm glad she loves it so much. Her face in the first pics crack me up where she's standing outside with Lex. Squinty little eyes. And I love the anticipation pic in the car. :)

Unknown said...

What an adorable post! I love the pic of her walking, with her shadow behind her. My favorite is the pic of both of you close-up. You both look so cute! :) I can't believe how FAST she is growing up!

Linda said...

Such a pretty little preschooler! Sure wish she and Ari were in my class! So glad she's loving it!