We had the party on a Saturday morning, the day of her big 5th birthday. I decorated the whole cake that morning, so decorating came right before the party, but it all came together. Luckily I had prepared the week before by making things ahead of time for games and activities. While kids were arriving, they sat at the table and colored Frozen coloring sheets that I found online.
Little Lexi Lou was just as excited for the party!
It's kind of tradition to hang balloons from our balcony banister.
My awesome brother in law printed this poster for us, which was so fun to have the Frozen characters at the party!
Front door decor: A cute popsicle stick snowflake that was made by a friend
And who doesn't want to be greeted by Olaf?!
Party food time! We just served snacky foods which included:
blue marshmallows (you can find ANYthing blue these days!)
White chocolate-covered pretzels
White cheeseballs, found randomly at Walmart
Water tinted with a little blue Mio flavor enhancer
Blue jello jigglers, which are so easy but were quite the hit!
The kids enjoyed snacks and then made Olaf pictures, from a printout Olaf I downloaded online and cut the pieces apart ahead of time. They just had to pick their colored construction paper and glue the pieces however they wanted them.
And pardon the not so cute picture of me...I read the Frozen book to them while they snacked.Time for Pin the Nose on Olaf!
I had fun drawing him on this poster. The kids loved it, and we had some funny nose placements.
Like on the opposite wall! I love how Cami's up on her tip toes in delight.Opening presents....Cami got an Anna and Elsa nightgown from her Aunt Bree, which totally made her day! I like that Sven's antlers look like they're coming out of her head in this picture. :)
And she was so excited about this Elsa doll from Ari, she was speechless.
She loved all of her presents, and got lots of fun new Princess dolls, including this super hair Rapunzel with over 3 feet of hair!
After presents, the kids enjoyed some Freeze Dancing to the Frozen soundtrack.
And then played "Elsa, Elsa, Anna" (Duck, duck, goose but with Frozen names)And then we had an "Olaf" making contest with two teams wrapping someone in toilet paper like a snowman. The toilet paper was cheap and too flimsy to stay together, but they still had fun trying and laughing. The two boys of the party were good sports to be wrapped up!
Cami's cute cousin, Max, made an awesome snowman!
Then just to have them help clean up, I said they could pick up the toilet paper and wad it into snowballs and have a snowball fight! When they were done with that, I said whoever got the most toilet paper and thew it into the trash bag got a prize. Haha. Might as well make cleaning fun! (Mae won)
Then it was time for the cake, which I made here. The birthday girl was delighted, and was so cute blowing out those 5 candles! Look, they're making Olaf melt to the ground!
After cake, the kids went outside and blew bubbles and played Freeze Tag. They took home with them little blue goody boxes that I found in the baby boy shower section, filled with candy and snowflake stickers. All in all, I think the kids had fun and I'm glad the birthday girl got the Frozen party she really wanted!
2 comments:
That was seriously the best party ever! So clever and cute and everything came together perfectly. Not nearly as stressful and chaotic as Ari's party! :)
I missed this post! What a fun Frozen party! So many great ideas, and I'm sure she'll always remember it. Good job!
Post a Comment