Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fairy Tale, Princess, and Jello Festivals!




We attended a lovely Fairytale Festival at Thanksgiving Point Gardens this past summer. It was the first time they did this, and I think they were trying to have something to replace the Princess Festival that would no longer be held here. I was hoping this would be a fun family event, and since it was free with our membership, we went a had a great time. I loved those colorful decorations hanging, and Cami took a turn pushing Lexi around in the stroller. Luckily it was a gorgeous day!

And we were excited to come across Anna at the koi fish pond!

Watching the fish with Dad.
There were enchanting touches all over the garden, like a real live unicorn! (Well, for pretend. :) But the girls were pretty excited about it.

And they got to build a fairy house in the woods, out of sticks, leaves and pinecones. It was so fun to see all the different little houses and structures all throughout the woods that people had built.
Cinderella and Prince Charming were there...
As well as some other unknown but enchanting figures.
The girls got to decorate cupcakes and eat them of course. Love this picture of Cami.
Haha it was a hot, sunny day, so Lexi was a sweaty little princess! With globby frosting that she did herself.
Cami loved this blue flower....her favorite color.

Our little family
And some pretty gorgeous flowers. This place is so beautiful!

The next festival we attended was the Princess Festival (the one that used to be held in the TP gardens but moved this year to be in our West Jordan park, right by our house). Britt and I weren't sure we wanted to pay to have it be at such a boring, normal location. But good thing I won free tickets for the girls and Ari to go!
They had the same characters, walking around and doing storytimes and adventures in the park. The girls loved it.
Cami wanted an Elsa braid. I love these cute girls.
Haha. Lex.
They got to draw on the sidewalk

And dance on stage
And meet fun people

I'll say that I'm glad I didn't pay to have them go, but I'm glad we went! Lexi didn't want to leave, or something. I don't even remember now. But she plopped down on the sidewalk and pouted for quite awhile before making it to the car. :)
And last but not least, came the Jello Festival! Who knew that such a thing existed?? I didn't, until this summer. It was free at TP with our membership, so might as well, right? The gardens hosted it, and it was another beautiful day.
We met my friend and old MTC companion, Heidi, and her son there. The girls wore their swimsuits and were ready for the jello fight and sprinkler fun!
A bunch of people stand on the sidelines, and then the announcer says On the count of 3....1, 2, 3! Then everyone runs to the middle where baby pools are filled with red jello chunks, free for the taking and throwing. What a mess! A sticky, red, mess. But fun to watch, and stay far away from.
Unlike these girlies, who got right in the heart of the action!

The only problem was, after a minute or two of jello throwing, the jello would be gone, and then the sprinklers didn't come on for another 20 minutes or so. So the poor kids had to wait in sticky jello in the hot sun for that time. Not the best planning. The jello fights were every hour on the hour, and sprinklers were every 30 minutes I think. Anyways, we stayed for a bit until the girls had had enough.
Woo hoo, check that off the ol bucketlist!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Okay- your kids' bucket lists have to be miles long, cuz you seem to check something off every day! I'm so glad you're keeping this family history blog so your girls will be able to look back at these pictures and remember (hopefully) all the fun and exciting adventures they had as little girls! It's amazing! You're amazing! Okay, going backwards….Jello Festival- fun but the hot sticky part doesn't sound like I'd want to repeat it. :)

Princess Festival- glad you won tickets (like always!) cuz those little princesses just need all the princess-ing they can get! Love Lexi's pouty face- cute little tired Tinkerbell- love her! And the Chic-Filet cow princess made me laugh! :)

Linda said...

Whoops- didn't realize the Fairytale Festival was on this same post. What a fun new festival- I love that they were able to make their own fairy house in the woods- so clever! Love their poses in that picture, and Cami's smile with the cupcake is a treasure! Such cuties!