Ok, so I have this collection of random little quotes or stories about my girls. I've been keeping track over the past year, here and there, when I remember. So without further ado, here are some of my favorites that I didn't want to forget. Kids say the funniest things!
(These first ones are from 2014- a whole year or more ago!)
This morning, Lexi spilled the last of her smoothie on her tray, looked down at it and said, "Mickey Mouse!" Sure enough, it was shaped like Mickey. Grossly enough, she also finds shapes in her poop if it's solid when I change it. "It looks like a mountain!" or "It looks like a chicken nugget!" :/ Gross.
Yesterday in sacrament meeting, Lexi was holding the hymn book and singing, "I Am a Child of God....and he has sent me...Pee pee in the potty!" Or she'll say things like "ABCD...Pee pee in the potty!" She loves that phrase. :)
Cami smells books whenever we read them. Like every page. I'll be reading to her, and she'll lean over every page and take a huge whiff, and sometimes I have to nudge her away so I can see the words to keep reading. haha. Makes me laugh. She gets that trait from her Aunt Bree.
Her smelling has extended into all other aspects of life. If she's sitting at the computer playing Starfall games, she'll lean over and sniff the keyboard. She smells my shoulder, smells Lexi's hands, smells pretty much everything. Like a little doggy!
Lexi mixes up "to" and "for", so she says things like "Lets go foo ga library foomorrow!" I love hearing her little "foo".
Cami loves making friends these days, and when we go to a playground or fun place, she immediately seeks out someone to make a new friend with. She'll scope out the situation, target in, go right up to that kid and say "Do you want to be my friend?" Or "Do you want to play with me?" and then before they run off together, she looks over at me with a big smile and gives a big excited thumbs up.
The other day (June 10, 2014), Cami and I were trying to figure out what kind of bird it was that we saw at the fish pond. She told me, "We should ask Miss Allison (the librarian) next time we see her. Librarians know EVERYthing!"
June 18, I woke up to the sounds of the girls talking. We still have our baby monitor hooked up since our room is upstairs and theirs is downstairs. I heard Lexi say, "Nana. Nana! Wake up! It's morning time!" Cami groans and says "Whaaat". "It's morning time, Nana! It's light outside! I'm going to get out of my crib." No Lex, don't get out. Then they remembered that the Binkie Fairy was supposed to come last night, because Lexi decided to give her binkies away. (Actually I decided....it was high time). We left a note for the fairy outside her bedroom door with all the binkies, and she cried for a while last night for her binkie, but we finally convinced her to go to sleep. Then when she remembered this morning, she got really excited and said, "Let me see! The binky fairy came! It's not a dog for you, Nana....it's a.....teddy bear!" Then they both got out, got the big 3 foot Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal that was waiting outside their door, and brought it upstairs to show me. Cutie patooties.
Funny Cami Lexi Quotes from 2015:
That is one busy woman! Cami talking about Grandma Toone
Cami: Well, I guess I'm sour! Cuz my name starts with C and this vitamin C is sour!!
1/2/15 Cam: Why doesn't the lady just look to see who's in the kitchen with Dinah? (after hearing me sing "Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah"
1/3/15 Lex: I see New York in your glasses, Grandma!
Cam: I feel like my brain is packed full of brains!
Mom: Can you imagine life with dinosaurs still alive?? Cam: NO. That would be a rough life. Can you imagine the dinosaur feet in your house?
Lex 1/13/15: praying at breakfast..."dear Heavenly Father...thank thee for this day....uh oh, the fish is not folding his arms. " (talking about our first pet fish, Bettamax)
Lexi's newest line: I don't love those. Or I don't love this. (When she doesn't like to eat something. She's getting picky!)
Lexi: Cratch my back!
(She doesn't say the s at the beginning of words)
Nack, quirrel, pot it, it's knowing! mall instead of small. She kind of blows out of her nose instead of makes an s sound. :)
Lexi praying: "please help mommy to have a (super high pitched voice) teeeeeeny teeeeeensy tiiiny liiiiitttle baby. And the baby will have teeeeeeeny teeeeeensy tiiiny little toes. And teeeeny tiiiiiny little eyes. The end."
Lexi praying another time: "please help mommy to have 4 babies."
2/26/15
Cami was so excited the other day at library Reading Adventures, because the librarian showed a video of people climbing down the side of a building using a rope made of toilet paper. Then the librarian said the kids were going to do the same thing! Make TP ropes and see if they would hold them from the top of the roof. Cami ran over to me with a gleam in her eyes and said Mom! We get to go up to the roof and climb down the side of the building! Ohhh man! She was so excited. THEN She was very disappointed at the end when they'd made and broken their TP ropes and it was over. She really thought they were going to do that! Her little 5 year old thrill seeking spirit was downtrodden. :) It was sad. But I love seeing her get so excited over things, too.
3/2/15 Cami ran up to me with eyes alight with excitement and said "I just made it across the monkeybars for the very first time!!"
3/3/15
Cami- "why do you like Sprouts? It's boring". Mom- you'll understand when you're a mom.
Cam- well I will NEVER be a mom! Ah ah ahhh! (Like the Sesame Street count) I will stay a kid foreverrr!
3/6- talking about the Yospe cabin in Island Park, Cami said it's the one where Grandma Toone reads to us! Ari: "mmmm I loooove Grandma's oatmeal!" Cami and Lexi "mmmmm me tooo!"
3/8 Lexi's prayer: "please bless that Heavenly Father knows us. Please bless that Jesus loves us. Please bless that Heavenly Father knows our names."
3/10 driving on 215 e by the mountain with a view of the valley, Lexi said "I can see New York City!"
Lexi: I dreamed last night that an octopus went to a museum!
3/10 Cami's fetish used to be smelling things. Now it's kissing things. Hands, shoulders, cheeks, arms, etc. Maybe she's still smelling, but she's covering it up by kissing. haha who knows! That girl is funny.
And that's all I have for now! But I love having a record of these funny moments, and I'll keep em comin!
1 comment:
Fun! Of course my favorites were the ones about Grandma Toone! :) And Lexi's cute prayers…. sweet!
Post a Comment