Love their little teeny summer thighs!
We enjoyed a fun summer slip n' slide playdate at my friend Kathie's house, who moved away from our neighborhood. It was fun to visit with old friends and watch the kids have fun in the water.
Lexi riding Anna's trike
Since we have friends in the apartments with a nice big pool, and swimming lessons, we didn't get out our backyard pool very much this summer. When we did, the girls sat daintily on the side.
I had to coerce them to actually get in the poodle and play in the water!
Oh, and this is what my foot and ankle were looking like at this point in the summer. My knee was better, but I had this crazy swelling problem that was SO painful! After some physical therapy sessions and time, it finally went away by September.
Love this little mermaid.And my sweet Cam is getting so big!
We tuckered Lexi right out, and she actually fell asleep at the dinner table that night! It's so weird when that happens to kids...and so funny!
We enjoyed a few Bee's games this summer, complete with giant corn dogs for the girls.
There's our handsome man!
And Lexi looking adorable with her corndog that looks like a baseball hat!
And what would a summer be without the Scera Shell? We sure love that place and its concerts and musicals.and snacks.
Seeing how much stuff we've accumulated over the years, we (I) decided to hold a yard sale! I went through our kids books and asked the girls to sort through and separate the ones they wanted to keep and give away. Knowing my little book lovers, guess which one is the keep pile??
It was a lot of prep, a lot of set up, and a lot of work, but we made it happen. I mostly wanted to get ride of the years of baby girl clothes I had held onto, hoping that I would need them again. :( Who knows, maybe (hopefully) I will, but it was also time to let go for now.
Look at all those tiny adorable shoes! I tried to lay everything out nicely, but still had bins and boxes full of clothes.
We had a pretty good flow of customers all morning, although I wish there would have been MORE!
These cuties set up their first lemonade stand!
It was so hot. I was sweating while just sitting in the shade. But it was a lot of work to do everything!
This girl kept me entertained with bubbles.
Neighbor kids came and brought some of their toys to sell, and ended up staying and playing with said toys. :)
All in all, we did pretty well, and made about $250. Not bad!
The rest of the stuff had to be packed up again, which was the least fun part. We took tons of stuff to D.I. and Saver's, a lot to the state swap meet that night, and I've sold a lot on KSL. What a pain, though....I'm still trying to get rid of it! It was sad to part with the baby girl clothes, but after I saved a few of my favorite items, it felt therapeutic to pass it on.
Jake and I got to go to a Kenny Chesney concert at the arena. Yay for work perks!
One day, Lexi tried on an Elsa hat at Target. She looked amazing. The end.
Another day, Cami ate homemade chicken noodle soup and got a piece of parsley stuff to her cheek that looked like a beauty mark. Amen.
Ummm what could be better than this? The park on a sunny day in swimsuits with sisters.
Classic Fun Center had $2 Tuesdays, which we loved taking advantage of! Cami took Lexi down the waterslides, and they had so much fun together!
We visited Daybreak one day and went to the lake edge where they waded in the water. "We'll only get our feet wet, mom!" turned into wet bums but happy girls.
They looked so cute one day in their matching outfits to go to the Curiosity Museum to meet Bella and Harrison!
We did some science experiments with neighbors
The stake fair had a dunk tank in which Cami begged me to let her get dunked. As soon as she reached the top, though, she got super nervous and scared. It took some serious coaxing to get her to do it, but I was so proud when she did!
Success!
Oh just me....church outfit
Love our Grandma Game Nights! This time, Aunt Chris joined us and we had such a fun night chatting.
I went home with Bree to her condo afterwards to visit little Sadie, who looked adorable, and was so excited to see me that she piddled on the floor. :)
All the Yospe's went as a family to Seven Peaks in Salt Lake, instead of Cherry Hill this year. It wasn't quite the same, but it was fun and the kids loved all the things to do there.
We went to Gardner Village one day, just to walk around and enjoy the beautiful day!
And stopped at the Garden Park water conservatory on the way home. We're so lucky to live so close to both!
Look at all that beautiful purple goin on!
And my pink princess.
Lexi having fun at a family health fair in Daybreak.
They wore their backpacks so they could carry their stuffed animal that would get a well check up. They got to wear doctor caps, too! Love it.
One more Bee's game, this time with Ike and his kiddos. Cami loved being there with cousins! Silly girl and her crazy face.
Oh look, more corn dogs.
And last but not least, I just had to include one more random picture of the attire that Lexi picked out and put on one night AFTER bedtime. I thought she was asleep, but then she came out of her room wearing this coat, her backpack, and the orange balloon around her waist. bahaha. Silly girl. At times like that, I just can't help but laugh.
It's so fun being a mom. I love my girls so much. They make life super fun! I'm trying to savor it because it goes fast and I don't want to miss a thing. We had an awesome summer, even with Cami's broken arm and my broken leg. So many fun memories in the books.
1 comment:
Those corn dogs at the ballpark are scary big! I loved Elsa's hat- the braid matched Lexi's hair color- you should've bought it! Several of my little black students had them with those blonde braids. :) You sure did lots of fun things this summer! Can't wait to get in on more of them next summer!
Post a Comment