Little Lex. She loves black olives, and this was back when she was 3.
Swim lesson ponytail, only because it was required...not because it is natural. Lexi's hair just is not made for putting up!
Oh this is back on Father's Day, where these two were matching and I wanted to get a cute after-church picture. They were hungry and didn't want to cooperate. But we sure are grateful for this wonderful daddy!
I got my first haircut in a long time, cut by my cute friend Angela Horton in our ward. She made it into a decent pixie that actually made me feel cute and more comfortable to flaunt the short hair that I do have. Bless her!
Happy 4th of July! The night before, we went to the Riverton Parade, which has become a fun little small town tradition.
And the next morning, Mom came with us to Centerville for the parade with all the Yospe's. Here's cute Jana visiting with Mom. At least we were in the shade this year! (Some of us)
Cousins collecting candy!
But it was mighty hot, nonetheless! I was sweating by 9 am. But look how cute little Nora is!
After the parade, we had a bbq lunch at Jake's parents' house. Summer at its best!
That night, since Jake had to work the Real Salt Lake soccer game, we girls went to see Inside Out at the Megaplex Theater. We loved it!
It was a good 4th. As for other summer activities, Jake and I went on a date one night to eat at Red Lobster. We ordered the shrimp nachos, which turned out pretty yummy!
And I splurged, and ordered the big ol seafood plate with lobster, crab legs, and a shrimp skewer. Mmmmm. Crab legs are my favorite. Then Jake took me into the canyon for a nice little wheelchair stroll to see the granite that they used to build temples. It was lovely.
Our family has grown to love In N Out, because it's fast, yummy, simple, and gluten free! I get the protein style burger which is in a lettuce wrap instead of a bun. Yum.
Sometimes this is about all I can get of an after-church picture.
Here's a cute one of Lexi in her church dress at Grandma's house after dinner one day. Love it.
Bees and flowers
Cami and Lexi have 2 little buddies, Kurtis and James, who often go to their grandma DeSpain's across the street. They had fun this summer, playing outside and swimming on hot days in the backyard pool.
Bonus: I visit teach their Grandma, so this was while we were in the backyard visiting teaching. Now that Kurtis and Cami are back in school, Lexi still goes over to play with James. She's over there right now, in fact!
We had fun going to see the new Minions movie with Auntie Bree.
This was a funny snippet of our summer. Our neighbors, 2 girls who like to ask if Cami and Lexi can play, have a big trampoline in their backyard. Their mom said that I needed to sign a note saying that my girls had permission to jump on it. With no net, I was leary of doing it, so I never did. Well, Cami took things into her own hands and wrote one herself! "My child could go on your tramp. HY" Haha my initials! Love her creativity. They didn't end up ever jumping on it, which is ok with me.
Jake's work party at the Bee's baseball game was fun, and Cami looked so cute sitting in the shade with me trying to escape the blazing sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment