Age: 4
Favorite Songs: Follow The Prophet, Let it Go, Popcorn Popping, I Am A Child of God
Favorite Animal: Monkeys, Dogs, but only small nice ones like Mosey. Not Lilly next door, who barks and scares her. (She is afraid of most dogs, and claims that she's allergic to cats and mustard and salad.)
Favorite Food: Steak! Toast (she likes to make her own every morning), applesauce, waffles, Chick-fil-A and In N' Out, meat on the bone, pickles, olives, berries, kiwis, soft fried eggs (AKA cheesey eggs), popcorn, cheetohs, chips
Favorite Toys: "My baby dolls", the Dollhouse, Barbies, Lego Duplos
Favorite Activity: Swinging on swings, finding things in I Spy books and hidden picture pages, playing with Cami, eating (she's always saying I'm hungweeeee), coloring
Favorite Color: Pink and purple
Favorite Movie or Show: Berenstain Bears, Doc Mcstuffins, Curious George, Wally Kazaam, Daniel Tiger, Full House (only a little bit, she says. Cami's the Full House fanatic- yay!), Frozen
Favorite thing to do with Mom: Go to museums, go to playgrounds, help in the kitchen, read books
Favorite thing to do with Dad: Go to the movie theater, make and eat waffles
Best Buds: Owen, Walter, Henry, Anna, Jackson, Eli, Sophia
Talents: Finding things! I spy, puzzles, drawing, dancing, swimming, "being reverent in my other class after primary", getting herself dressed in cute outfits, building with Legos, singing
Biggest Accomplishments: She taught herself how to pump on the swings! One day, she could suddenly do it all by herself! She also ditched the crib-turned-toddler bed, and now sleeps in a big girl bunk bed! Lexi is on the bottom, and Cami's on the top, and they absolutely love it. She knows all her letters and numbers pretty much, and can write a lot of them! She loves writing words now and asking us how to spell things. She took her first swimming lessons this summer and did a great job! She's also taking her first ballet class now, and is really quite a good little dancer! She is poised and graceful.
Most Endearing Qualities: Her adorable round rosey cheeks, baby blue eyes, big gap-toothed smile, and blonde wavy curls! Lexi is loveable, snuggly and super funny. She makes us laugh every day. She's also very independent and loves to do things all by herself. Also, her imagination and creativity are amazing! She can also play by herself with her toys for a long time, and it's so fun to hear her playing. She's sensitive and emotional. She also has an adorable thing that she does...she can't say S combined with another consonant. She says "nack, nowing, cary, pooky, parkly", etc. :)
Qualities to Improve: Work on temper and defiance, and occasional screaming and tantrums. :) Be more patient with herself when she can't do something right away. Go to bed when it's bedtime! She is a pro at not going to sleep, and keeping Cami awake.
Goals For Next Year: Not grow up too fast! I want her to stay my little baby forever. But if we must talk about goals...Go to a year of "real" preschool at one of the high schools next year, and she's going to love it! She's a social bug and makes friends easily. Hmm maybe not go poop so often...she goes several times a day. haha. Also, maybe learn to say her R's, but its so cute right now!
Quotes:
5/26: What do you want to be when you grow up, lex? Lex: "a doctor, a dentist, a Cowboy, a pirate, and a princess.
Oh and a jungle keeper! No not a jungle keeper, I mean a zoo keeper! And an Explorer...so I can explore sharks!"
5/28: today Lexi and Cami made a sign with their friends Eli and Kadence to sell cookies and crackers in our
front yard. Kadence brought a Tupperware of cookies from home. I saw them all eat one cookie and they were going
to try to sell the rest. By dinner time, Lexi wasn't hungry at all. I asked, how many cookies did you eat?
Cami hurried and said ONE, while glancing at Lex. Lexi said LOTS. I said how many? "Too many to count."
I said what happened to trying to sell them? She said "that didn't really work out. So we ate them."
5/30: Lexi said after breakfast: WHOA Mom, you have a BIG bum!
6/4: hey lex, will you move that in front of the fireplace? Lex: "what about Santa Claus?"
6/19: Lexi: I want to go to Snackeyland! I've never been there before! It's at the beach, and then you turn left,
go straight, turn right, go straight, and then you're there!
6/19 we saw Inside Out tonight in the theater. I noticed Lexi sinking down in her chair and looked over, and she
was crying! Poor thing is so sensitive...she cried when the imaginary friend sacrificed himself and disappeared.
6/19: Lexi spilled the bubbles. I said lex, that's why I said no bubbles! Lex: mmmm they smell like cake.
And pudding. And baby powder all mixed together!
6/25: we all said "I'm going to miss Ari! She's going so far away. Lex..."well we can see her when we go to the cabin!
Cuz the cabin is far away, and Ari is far away!"
6/27: as we were driving through Yellowstone, it started to rain as we were looking for a place to eat lunch.
Lexi said "Awww....soggy sandwiches!"
7/2 Lexi: this bumping is tickling my bum crack! Oooo!
Lexi: my hands smell like dinosaurs! Stinky!
Lex: mom, this is a secret. Dad gave me so much fruit cuz he likes to wipe my diahrrea. (not true, just to be clear)
7/6 Lex: Ewww smell my finger! I didn't put it in my bum....it just smells like bum right now!
7/7 lex: we're going to the wig place?? Ahh...that's an awful place!
7/17 lex: if we had a baby girl I would name her Abby. If we had a baby boy, I would name him Nacho.
Lex: That's my bad. That's a bummer.
7/22: Lexi: I kissed the ladybugs bum crack! (on a ride at Happy Hollow in CA)
8/7: lex: Pooh is a bad word. That's not a good name for a bear.
8/11: after I said some jumbled things...lex: uhhhh mom? Do your brain is not working??
8/15 at our yard sale, lex saw a tshirt with Napolean Dynamite's face on it,
and said "hey, that man looks like Katelyn and Ellie's daddy." 
8/27: lex: never laugh at a chihuahua when you're outside. If you do, they will come and bite you. But it's ok
to laugh at them if you're in your car. 😀
8/31 lex: I can't go to sleep. My pillow smells like pickle juice.
Lex: Bikers should get magic bikes that can ride on grass. That way they wouldn't get run over or smooshed.
9/10: lex: after seeing a fun playground at a daycare and me telling her it's for kids to go to while their parents work.
"You should get a job, mom." I gasped- Wouldn't you miss me? "No". Wouldn't you miss seeing my face?
"You could give me a picture of you."
9/11 explaining 9/11 to lex. After a second she asked, "Did you guys die??"
9/14 Lexi sees 2 military men in uniform and says, "hey, they're twins!!"
9/23: Lex: for my birthday I want...a fishing rod so I can go fishing with Cami and daddy. And a Barbie car and
Barbie house and barbies. And a dog! I want a dog to surprise Cami with! Dad will be so upset that he has to clean up dog
poop. I'll wipe the dog's bum with toilet paper...dog toilet paper! Or maybe I won't wipe his bum, since that's kind
of gross. 😀
9/23 lex: she stood her fork straight up on her plate and started singing
"Moroni! Moroni! I love ya, Moroni, you're only a dayyy awaaayyy." (Like the Annie tomorrow song) then I said
why are you singing Moroni, does your fork look like a temple? And she says yup! Then started singing Shirley!
Shirley! Member her, mom? Shirley Temple?
9/25: I told lex that she'll be 4 soon, and that I can't believe how big she's getting. Lex said "I'll still be your baby,
Mommy. But I might be too big for you to carry me."
Current Stats: 38 lbs, and 40 inches. She's 75% for weight and 90% for height! She's my big girl who will always be my baby. :)
She enjoyed blowing out birthday candles at Grandma and Grandpa Yospe's house 2 weeks before her birthday, at family dinner.
She got a real working volcano, a game, and a homemade purse. So fun!
After presents, I sent the kiddos on a treasure hunt starting in the house and moving outside. They used a real map that I actually made for Cami like 3 years ago. :)
The treasure was toy bugs hiding in the garden pots. We went inside and played Bingo next.
And then made a craft photo frame or hat, and then enjoyed cupcakes! Love her smile here.
Silly Lex!
Waiting for her new volcano to erupt with vinegar and baking soda.
She had such a blast- I was so glad! The next day, I took her to Discovery Gateway Museum downtown. She played in this construction site for a long time- I love that she has so many different interests!
And that night, we were lucky enough to win tickets from Dad's work to see the Barnum & Bailey Circus! She liked the tigers, elephants and acrobats.
On the day before her birthday, Saturday, we watched Cami play in her soccer game, and then went out to lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Yospe to Zupa's! She loves that place, and always chooses the chicken strips and chicken tortilla soup. With plenty of oyster crackers.
And finally, Sunday, her actual birthday came! She was excited to wake up to cards and presents, and a whole dollar from her sweet sister!
She enjoyed being sung to in Primary, and looked pretty in pink!
I made Lexi a cake, because I always do. She requested an owl cake this time, which I was excited about because owls are adorable! I had seen some really cute, simple owl cakes on Pinterest, but decided to do a cute one that Lexi said she liked best. It started with a round cake, covered in cute mint colored marshmallow fondant. A clean slate!
A tree came next, and then a couple of owls. Honestly, the colors did not go together at all, and turned out to clash quite a bit. But what's done was done. And while Lexi was standing on a chair watching, she leaned down close to the counter and rested her head ON the cake to look at something. You can see some of the dented, ripped fondant up there. After that it was just a matter of...ok, let's just finish this thing.
Ta-da! The finished product. Leaves, flowers, butterflies, oh my. I had fun using my plunger stencils that Jake bought me for Christmas. :)
Opening more presents
She had a wonderful 4th birthday, and she got the thing she really wanted most. A fishing rod! haha. Even a Frozen one, to go with her Elsa dress that I bought for her that lights up and plays music. She also loved the mini Leappad drawing game and big learning books from Grandma Toone, and a new piggy bank from Grandma Yospe. Lucky girl!
3 comments:
We love that Lexi Lou too! So fun to read about all her favorites and funny comments! I laughed and laughed over Nacho and Napoleon Dynamite, and I love ya Moroni! She's so funny and cute! Looks like lots of fun celebrations, and the owl cake was so adorable. Just like our Lexi!
Oh what a joy this was!! Cass heard me laughing from the other room and kept asking, "What's going on in there??!" Oh all those funny Lex quotes. The ones mom mentioned were all my favorites, but goodness she is funny and smart. I love you!
Ha! What a cutie!!!! :) Sweetie Pea Lexi! What a great idea to keep quotes!
Post a Comment