To kick off the school year, I tried to hold a nice Back to School Feast, per Nie Nie's tradition. I decided I always set my expectations too high and set myself up for disappointment. But I tried, and at least we had a nice meal, regardless of whether the crowns or hours of cooking were appreciated. :)
Cami's favorite meal (used to be) pork ribs with asian slaw, so that's what we had. With rice and corn on the cob. Clearly, the kids were thrilled. Next year, I might re-think this "tradition". Baha.
On the day that school started for the rest of the school, the first graders had a little orientation with parents, and got to fill out an "all about me" sheet and learn some of the rules for the year.
And finally, the first day arrived! Cam, looking adorable, was ready to sieze the day!
Every morning, Jake drives her to school on his way to work. He walked her to the line and they waited excitedly for Abe to come out and start the day.
Of course, she LOVED her first day. She loves having Mr. Yospe as her teacher, and it's so fun to see him at school in his element, doing what he loves.
Sister picture in front of the school on the first day. Cami's always good about saving part of her snack or treat for Lexi.
All kinds of fun things the first day!
And this is what Lexi does while Cami's at school. :)
So happy for this cute First Grader! She continues to be our little Super Reader, is making new friends, laughing at all of Mr. Yospe's characters and antics, learning lots and lovin life.
2 comments:
Could she possibly be ANY cuter? Beckett was super excited to be sitting by Cami as well. And I think he's still convinced they will get married one day. Ha! ;)
Yay for being "o-fish-'ally" in first grade with Mr. Yospe- so fun! I love that lime green outfit too- didn't get to see her in it before I left. I laughed at their faces at the feast picture- but good for you for doing it! Cute crown! And I love that Lexi keeps busy with all her dolls and stuffed animals. Love them both!
Post a Comment