Monday, May 9, 2016

Cami's 7th Birthday & an Inside Out Party

Haaaapppy Birthday, Cami Lamb! Can't believe she turned 7 in March. How is my baby growing up so fast??! I sure do love this little lady, and we had lots of fun celebrating her during her birthday week. She wanted Lucky Charms for her birthday breakfast on Tuesday the 15th, and then opened some cards and presents before school.
She was still on cloud 9 from receiving the BEST birthday gift EVER, just 5 days before. :)
That day, I was able to volunteer in her school class and do an art project for the Great Artist Program I've been doing. Every month, we do a project based on a famous artist, and replicate one of their pieces. It's super fun to teach, and the kids really enjoy it, too. I loved seeing Cami happy in her birthday crown at school, and her class sang to her and made her feel special. I also stopped at Dunford Bakers on the way to her school and picked up about 32 donuts for her class birthday treat!

That night for dinner, she chose Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner. (Oh dear, what a junk food day!) She likes the plain pasta, cheese pizza, and dessert pizza most of all.
After pizza, we went to Boondocks where we usually go for birthdays, since they give a free pass on your birthday. The place has changed, however, from fun arcade games with tokens and paper tickets, to digital credit cards that are totally lame. So that wasn't super fun, but she had a good day overall. Then on Friday afternoon, we had her Inside Out themed birthday party! (She really likes the animated Inside Out, so that's the cake she requested this year). She invited some close friends, and they started out by coloring character pages while everyone arrived.
Quite the birthday crown!
I found that this party was much easier and more laid back than previous years, I think because they're older and can self entertain. I hadn't blown up any balloons, so I asked if they wanted to  blow them up and they yelled "YEAH!" Then we helped them tie them, and they threw them around and had all kinds of fun.
We had to have a classic "Pin the Tail" game, so we did "Pin the Trunk on Bing Bong". :) Good idea, Cam!
After opening presents and getting fun crafts, kits and Beanie Boo's, it was CAKE time!
Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear and Disgust all decorated the colorful cake that was a frustrating labor of love.
The silly kids wanted to carry Cami around for some reason
And then we headed outside for some outdoor games. I bought a bunch of plastic ball pit balls that resembled the memories from the movie. They had to carry as many as they could in their arms around the yard.
Luna was a hit- we didn't even need games. They just wanted to chase her around the yard!
We finished off with a pinata
Grandma Yospe came to the party too!
Cute picture of Cami and her friend Payton
There's (back row left) Ashlyn, Mae, Kadence, Teague, Cami, (front row)- Halle, Audrey, Payton, Lexi, Mary.
Haha I love Cami's poses
We love our Mae Mae!
They had a fun time, and I'm glad Cami had a great birthday week. She also liked getting a few freebies from places like Barnes & Noble. Gotta love their giant Cheesecake Factory cookies! Birthday freebies are the best.
Happy Biirthday, sweet girl. We sure are blessed to have you in our family, and to be able to love you and learn from you. Here's to an AWESOME year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute birthday girl! I think that 1st birthday hat was one you used to wear on your birthday- correct?? And the big party crown was quite the hat! What a fun Inside-Out birthday- very clever games and looked so fun! Maybe we can be there fr her big 8th birthday! :)