For our Valentine meal that night, we had spring rolls, kale chips, and cauliflower fried rice. Yum!
Jake showing "I love you", and Lex saying "No, this is how Spiderman shoots his webs!"
I gave the girls a heart attack on their bedroom door the night before Valentine's Day (which was on a Sunday this year).
Morning surprises and sleepy faces on cute pink girls!
I tried my best to do a heart braid for church. Close enough!
Love my little mini Valentines!
Cam was kind of done with pictures at this point. :)
At the Yospe family dinner that night, Ike introduced everyone to the fun of face swapping. The kids loved seeing their faces mesh with someone else's on his phone.
And these girls really showed their love for each other at bedtime! Haha...Lexi doesn't ever go up to sleep with Cami anymore, but this was pretty funny when I found them like this.
And of course, I loved my one and only valentine, my husband! I didn't get a picture of him- oops! :) Then, just a short month later, we celebrated Easter! I had high hopes of celebrating Holy Week again this year, but I kind of slacked as far as doing the activities. I did read what happened in Christ's life each day during the week leading up to Easter, though. So that's something. It's not about bunnies and eggs! Although we still enjoy those things.
And Cami and Lexi enjoy candy. Lots of it. It's fun getting it..I just kind of hide most of it away after Easter and they never even ask about the candy gone missing. Oh good! So after I took the girls to the church to clean with our ward, we ran over to Smith's for their Easter candy scramble. Crazy and weird, but fun,THEN, we headed over to the South Jordan City Park for the real egg hunt. Uhhh look at all those eggs. And this was just for the 3-5 age group!
We met up with cousins Mae, Henry and Monson, after the girls had gathered some eggs at the fire engine signal.
At Target, we found some cute dollar Easter bonnets that Lexi so fashionably modeled.
And finally on Easter morning, the girls were excited to see their Easter baskets and do an egg hunt at home.
Luna even got a few toys from the Easter bunny! Piggie and Possum (who 2 months later have lost all their stuffing and are almost chewed to shreds, but she still loves)
Beanie Boo love!
My favorite moment of Easter morning: When Lexi opened up some eggs with coins and said "I think I have enough for my mission!" :)
At church, the girls looked beautiful in their Easter dresses and bonnets. They sang with the primary in sacrament, and I sang with the choir, Jake performed his Ward Clerk duties. It was a good day!
Cuties!
That night at family dinner, Jana brought cute Easter birds nest cupcakes. A big hit with the kids! And Clark and Emma made a nice turkey dinner.
Oh, and the girls were left with enough candy to last for a year. Awesome. Look at those adorable matching Inside Out nightgowns from Grandma Toone!
Oh but wait, we still had the Yospe grandkid egg hunt 2 weeks later! That was when everyone could be there, which was fine- it drew the celebrating out even longer! The weather was nice, the kids had a blast, and Grandma and Grandpa filled a LOT of eggs. Lexi needed 2 baskets and then some. Haha.
Happy hunter!
Cute Mae
And then Grandma got the kids together to sing a song and play "Lock Her Up". Actually I don't remember how the song goes, but it's more fun than London Bridges.
Aaaand since it was also Walter's birthday celebration, we had birthday cake and a pinata. There was a LOT of sugar that night. The pinata broke after the first hit, so what did the men do? Duct tape it back together so that all the kids could enjoy it!
Good times, good people, good holidays. Life is Good.
No comments:
Post a Comment