Yes, you probably guessed it. We've told our family and now let it be known to the rest of the world...I'm pregnant!!!
Jake and I are very excited, and we actually found out back on July 11. It's hard to keep such a fun secret for so long! I'm officially 13 weeks now, and just about into my 2nd trimester which is wonderful! Since this is my first, I was a little hesitant to shout it to the world until I was a little further along, which is pretty normal, right? And I haven't told anyone I work with yet...I'm just kind of waiting until it's absolutely necessary. As of now the little bump I have for a tummy probably makes people think I'm just gettin a pooch from eatin too much.
So I guess I'll tell ya the details. We went to the doctor just a couple of days after we got back from San Francisco, which I waited so patiently for. I was SO ready to go right after I took my little home pregnancy test which came up positive. (I took 2 actually, just to be sure and just to see that fun little plus sign and "pregnant" word on the digital one) But they have you wait 8-10 weeks which seems like forreeever. It was so fun when we finally got to go and see our first little ultrasound of the baby. We saw a head, body, 2 arms and 2 legs, over which I rejoiced! And the doctor even said, I swear there's a little winkie (I don't think he used that word) in between those legs, but it's almost impossible to tell so soon. But it was just so fun to see that little person inside me, and have it all become real. And I actually got to go in for another ultrasound 2 weeks later because of a little bleeding scare I had, but all was perfectly well! HOW relieved I was to see and hear the little heart beating and to see the fingers and toes and even a little smile on it's face. :) So we've definitely been blessed, and I've had it pretty easy in the pregnancy department. My "morning sickness" usually hit at odd times of the day, especially at night, but I never threw up! I just got used to sleeping with those sea bands on my wrists about every night to combat the nausea, and stocked up on all the usual saltine crackers, ginger ale, peppermints, etc. But the nausea is pretty much gone, and the fatigue is almost gone, and the urge to exercise still hasn't come yet, hehe....and hopefully the next few months will be pretty easy-going for me.
Anyways, that's my story. :) The baby is due on March 17 (St. Patrick's Day!) and we're having fun thinking of possible baby names. Jake has been wonderful and very patient with me during these hormonal pregnancy times, and hopefully by the end of these 9 months we'll both understand this baby growing thing better and be ready to be mommy and daddy!
14 comments:
May we be the first to say congratulations! That is great news. -Curtis and Jenny (both great names for babies)
Babies are good.
Grandpa Curtis would agree! =) And he's the one that let the cat out of the bag! Said he's too excited to keep quiet any longer. We are both thrilled of course! Much love!!
Couldn't be happier! It is great that the world knows now!
(Hello Linda, Curtis)
Love, Emma (Mom)
Congrats guys!
YAY!! We are so excited for you! Wow, your life is going to change so fast... :)
~b
Congratulations! What exciting news! You'll love being a mom - it's the greatest job there could be. I'm glad you haven't been too sick - that can really make for a long pregnancy. We're very happy for you guys. :)
Yippeee! I'm glad the word is out and that you've passed the yucky morning sickness stage. I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or a girl!!! I secretly hope it's a boy. They're great - although I am a bit biased... We love you!!!!
YAY!!! How fun and exciting for you and your husband! Oh, I hope that everything goes well for you guys and I am glad to hear that you are feeling so well! Congrats!
Congrats.
Yay Heather!!! I'm sooooo happy for you. PLEASE take lots of cute pictures while your pregnant and post them, you will be the cutest little pregnant lady EVER!!!! Yay! I hope you have a girl, then one of my boys can marry her someday and we can be like family for real sort of... Yay!
Awesome! I am so happy for you! Your little story makes me reminice about when we first found out about Bennett. I think you're having a boy because you haven't thrown up. (Sorry Sommer.)Hey, if you have a boy then Bennett, Brandon, Nathan and your little one will all be on missions at the same time! Cool, huh?
HEYYYY.....this is Bridgette! WOO HOO! I can not believe it! Congratulations!
Way to knock her up, Buckaroo.
Post a Comment