
Yay, you get to travel back with us to San Fran! We decided right after we were married that we wanted to take a fun vacation before kids came along...so this was pretty well timed! We bought the plane tickets like 5 months ago, so obviously we were lookin forward to this trip. I grew up in San Jose, right near San Fran, and hadn't been back in 12 years, so it was very exciting for me. Jake and I departed on August 14th for the sunny state, and here are some pictures of our adventures! Up above, that's what I like to think of as the Full House look-alike houses on Postcard Row. I don't think I'll ever find the exact house, the wonderful warm and cozy house that I grew up with and loved with the Tanner family, but this was close enough. :)


Who can resist a statue of a giant spider on the pier? That's the Bay Bridge behind Jake.

A lovely shot of the crooked street, with Lombard Street at the top. It took us forever to finally reach this place through cable cars and busses. Good thing we bought the City Pass...it allowed us endless free rides on the transportation, which was definately worth it.



Good ol George. And I'm livin it up with Angelina and Brad down below outside the Wax Museum.


I thought this was a key photo op at the Japanese Gardens in Golden Gate Park.

Jake talked me into hopping on a ferry and riding to Sausalito. I prayed that those Sea Bands would work, and alas, they did! I probably psych myself out over nothing. But it was a nice little evening, although when we got there to the ritzy peninsula, it was freezing and nothing was open! So we ate at some weird restaurant and hopped back on the ferry after we witnessed 2 drunken ladies coming out of a yuppy yacht club and collapsing on the ground in their stupid drunkenness. They were ok, but ohhh did they look stupid. But it is otherwise an enchanting little place. :)

Ohh the yummy Ghirardelli Square fudge brownie sundae...we enjoyed one of those and lots of little peanut butter chocolate square samples.

We almost swam to Alcatraz the second day, but decided it might not be the best for me in my pregnant state. So settled with taking a picture from afar. (jk, yeah right, there's sharks in that water!!)

Random picture at the Rainforest Cafe...didn't eat there, just liked the scenery. :)


And there are more pictures where these came from! I have to do them in a couple of posts, or else I would get too overwhelmed. So these are mostly of our days spent right in the city on the first and last days of our trip...stay tuned for more to come!
3 comments:
You guys are as cute a couple as the Olson twins standing in front of those Full House houses.
I love San Francisco! It looks like an awesome trip. I would love to go back there someday as that is one of my favorite trips of all time!
How fun! I love your corduroy (sp) coat you are wearing, I want it! And the picture with you and the big pillars is way cute. I can't wait to see more!
Post a Comment