Saturday, September 6, 2008

Random Summer Endeavors

Pretty, huh? Well believe it or not, this was taken right outside the library on BYU Campus last month. Ahh the beauty of Provo. :) Jake seems to think so too. As you can imagine, he loved being there. He loved the tour of my Alma Mater even more!
That day we also went to my Grandma Willes's house in Orem to see how she was doin. While she was gone shopping, Jake decided to surprise her and mow her lawn in the rain. He finished in half an hour, soaking wet and with a messy mower to clean off. What a guy though, huh? That night the rain stopped JUST in time for us to see a musical of "Pride and Prejudice" at the Scera Shell. Nice time, not our favorite show though. Thanks to Jake's free KJZZ tix, we've seen plenty of shows there now, and my favorites were Footloose and the Jordin Sparks concert.
This was at the Days of '47 Rodeo with Britt and her fam and my mom. Bryan liked my sunglasses. :) He's quite the little character, as you can see below. Look at him showing off his manliness next to a rack of pink frilly dresses. (He ended up leaving that little magnifying glass that's sitting on the table...but he'd just gotten it the day before and had played with it nonstop and was very sad when he realized it was missing. haha)
And here we are at Lagoon for Jake's work party last month. We'd just gone on the Rattlesnake Rapids so I was a wee bit wet, and now we're waiting for the log ride. That was about the extent of my rides. We invited Brittney's fam again since they'd never otherwise get to Lagoon, and it was fun to see the boys have so much fun.
Oh and then we went on the little safari train ride where you can see the zoo animals. I like that one! Matty looks like he's acting like a monkey, and Bryan looks so cute and teensy next to his aunt Heather. I had a good time at Lagoon, even if I did just watch the kiddie rides most of the time. I realized I'm not really into the wild rides anymore, mostly cuz they make me feel yuck. I do love rollercoasters and water rides, but you'll never catch me on ANYthing that spins around in any kind of circle. Blugggh. So anyways, that's about the extent of our summer! Now next up.....our trip to San Francisco! Wooohooo!

5 comments:

Jana Banana said...

You guys are always doing something fun together! Don't give up on us yet, we really would love to hang out sometime soon :)

See you tomorrow!

Brittney said...

Such cute pics! I'd love the one of Matty the monkey. =)

The Yospe's said...

Jacob, I'm so sorry you had to go to Utah County!

Sommer said...

YOu look gorgeous in those pictures! I talked to your Dad on Sunday.... do you have anything you would like to tell me?

Ashley said...

How fun that you can be close to your sister and her family. It looks like you're enjoying married life! I liked your little story about how you met. Your pics are definitely cute! I love your hair!