Sometimes I feel ambitious and want to COOK! So this time, I was determined to make my mom's super delicious homemade lasagna for the first time. It's kind of a test for me, to make my favorite recipes that my mom always made for us growing up, to see if I can do it and make it taste as good as my mama's. So one Sunday afternoon, we had my brother Nathan over for dinner and I made the lasagna cuz it's his favorite meal ever. (Aren't I a nice sister?) And that's the first time I put on that frilly pink apron....thought it would make me look more domestic.



Voila! The finished product turned out scrumptious, and I was able to rest well that night. :)


And these 2 pictures were just cute, so I thought I'd include them. We were celebrating my sister Brittney's 30th birthday...holy cow she's old now! I remember just yesterday when she had the "heaven high" 80's bangs with fluorescent dance costumes and headgear. :) Love ya Britt! Now she has 2 adorable boys and one little one on the way, just 6 weeks behind mine. Yippee!
2 comments:
Way to go Heather! Look at you getting your nails done, I like them! I love your kitchen! How are you liking your new house? Are you all unpacked now? That is so cool that Britney is only 6 weeks behind you, that will be so fun for you both to go through the exerience together!
How 'bout those lentils? =) I'm glad the lasagna turned out well. Thanks for mentioning my lovely bangs, etc. I seem to remember someone prancing around in spandex a couple years too long. =) Oh, the good ol' days!
Post a Comment