Wednesday, October 29, 2008

* We Found Out! *

Yes, that's right!! We found out today that we're going to have a GIRL! Jake and I are both very excited, although I think we were both kind of expecting it to be a boy. But we went for the ultrasound bright and early this morning, and the lady checked everything on the baby starting with the head. Everything was normal, lookin good, heart sounding good....but I was so anxious for her to finally get to the bum and find out which one it was going to be!! So when she did get there, and got plenty of shots of between the legs and there was nothing to be seen, she announced that it was indeed a little girl. Yay, that makes me happy! Although heck I would've been ecstatic with either one. But now it's just nice to know!

And I'll tell you the story of how we chose her name, which will be Cambria. That's actually the name that my parents gave me when I was born. But then after a few days/weeks, they realized that I didn't look that much like a Cambria, and the name reminded my dad of where he worked, etc. So they talked about changing my name to Heather, and my mom left it up to my dad to decide which name he would bless me with. So obviously, he changed it to Heather and it was officially changed on my birth certificate and everything. But ya know, I always wished they would've kept it Cambria cuz I like the name and it's different...so when I was little, I declared that I was going to name my first daughter Cambria. And luckily Jake has complied with my lifelong wish! :) So there ya have it. My belly continues to grow and the lil baby's gettin more active in there...I feel her little kicks pretty much every day now!

9 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

I am a pleased uncle. Congratulations! One question - What if the girl still does not look like a Cambria? What if she looks like a Tootie or a Blanche? (Sorry, it is late and the only names I could think of were Facts of Life girls.)

Jana Banana said...

Yea! Congrats on the wonderful news, that is so fun! I can't wait to buy her a present, little girls are so much fun to shop for since I never get the chance :)

We are so happy for you guys!!

Sommer said...

Oh man you are sooooo lucky! I can't wait to see your cute little girl, and Cambria is a wonderful name, I'm glad you finally get to use it! When are you going to post pictures of you and your Belly?

The Robisons said...

Yay! Congrats to both of you! Every mom NEEDS a little girl...you're gonna love it! Hope everything continues to go well!

The Davis Family said...

How exciting - I bet your parents are excited to have their first Granddaughter. Yeah for you and Jake! In case you haven't heard, Matthew and Claire are having a boy. :)

Linda said...

We're so excited!!! I just couldn't quit smiling yesterday! =) But changing your name had nothing to do with how you looked...it was just that everyone mispronounced it, and since we were calling you Cami, Dad realized every time he looked at that, he thought of CAM-I (Computer Aided Manufacturing Integrations.) You were actually a month and a day old when you were blessed and the name was changed, and it took a while after that to get it changed on your birth certificate. And you still have the wonderful testimony quilt the Young Women made with Cambria Nicole (10 lbs.8oz.) embroidered in the middle. Now you can use it! =)

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't have a 10 lb. 8 oz. Cambria! Though, we couldn't be happier about a new granddaughter. We are so excited for you.

brandi (and tim) said...

Yay. Congrats to you two. Girls are fun and the Ricks' are tired of producing all of them. Thanks for helping out. Cambria has a nice sound to it. Our friends just adopted a little girl earlier this week and name her Cambria as well.

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Yea!!!!! A girl!!!! That is so fun! Congrats you guys! Now our Jacob has to introduce your girl to the one she's supposed to marry, MANY YEARS from now, of course. Haha. Thanks again Jake, you Mr. Matchmaker you!