Monday, November 3, 2008

Crappy Halloween

Although my Halloween was pretty crappy, do you like my costume?? Can you guess what I am? I'm static electricity, of course! I found the idea on the Family Fun website I think. Super cheap and easy, that's for dang sure! Some people guessed the dryer, laundry, etc. Ehh, that works. I wore this costume for a day at work last month to get the residents excited to dress up, and then again at my cub scout pack meeting, and again on Halloween. Mostly cuz it's comfy. And Jake was a jailbird...don't ask me how we got through the holiday without taking one picture of him!

The reason why my Halloween was shot this year is because I woke up that morning feeling really dizzy and yucky. I couldn't eat my bowl of shredded wheat for breakfast, which means something is definately wrong (I don't miss my bowl of cold cereal for ANYTHING!) and when I tried to leave for work, I couldn't even get out of the driveway cuz I was too dizzy. So I laid down and stayed home until 1, stressing about missing the activities I was supposed to be doing with my assistant at work. And then I finally dragged myself into work for a few hours to hurry and make witches brew in a big cauldron, put donuts on trays for our Halloween Party, and pass out baskets of candy for the residents to hand out to the 50 trick or treater kids that came. It was quite stressful but I think everyone had fun. We had a costume contest for residents and staff, and the resident who won first place was this cute blind lady who had put 2 balloons under her shirt on her back, and wore a backwards mask and walked backwards. Pretty clever!

I left work and came straight home and laid on the couch for the rest of the night. My sweet Jake, bless his heart, picked up pizza and a scary movie for us to watch (The Eye, with Jessica Alba, which was quite creepy at times), and he got up for every single trick or treater that came to our door. I just waved at the kids from the couch. :) We got about 60 kids probably...pretty good turnout. They probably knew to come to our house because of our awesome full-out Halloween decorations out front, as pictured below.


Pretty good, huh? We carved them the night before, and roasted the pumpkin seeds with yummy seasonings. I ate a bunch that night and I think that might be the reason I woke up feeling so yucky...rotten pumpkin seeds?? Maybe that's what you get for buying a heavily-discounted pumpkin that's been sitting in front of Walmart for a month. Who knows. Or maybe just pregnancy.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats on a baby girl! I was sure that you were having a boy. Your costume was very origional. I liked your pumpkins. It looks like you had fun. I'm sorry that you were feeling so miserable.

Linda said...

I love reading your blog- it always makes me laugh. So sorry you weren't feeling well, but it sounds like Jake took good care of you. And you had a great costume! (Also love the backwards blind lady!) =) Next year with your own little baby pumpkin, I'm sure you'll have a Happy Halloween instead of a Crappy one!

The Gibbons said...

Heather! I love your blog too. I haven't been in awhile and didn't even know you were pregnant too. Congrats (a little late) when are you due? Girls are fun, I should know. :) You'll love it!