Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pregnancy Update

Here are some belly pictures, just to keep you updated on my growing process. Mostly for you, Mom! :) These first two were about a month ago. Who knew I'd get so excited about having a pot belly to take a picture of.
And a few weeks later....
And this was the most recent. Haha...the pink really accentuates it. It's funny, cuz some people say "Ohhh, you're not even showing yet! Wow!" And then other people look at my tummy as I stick it out and are a little shocked, like Holy cow, there it is! Just wait, folks. I have a feeling I'm gonna be pretty big by the time the 9 months are up. I just don't want to think about the trip Jake and I are going to take in December to fly home to PA for Christmas. I'm super excited, but I'll be over 6 months and hopefully not too big and uncomfortable.

Well as for an update...I'm doing this as much for my benefit as for your reading pleasure, since this is the only journal I keep! Just wanted to let ya know how the little baby is coming along these days! Well, I'm 16 weeks now, which is a pretty great time to be pregnant! It's right on the brink of finding out if it's a little boy or girl, and also now is when it starts moving around in my tummy and all that fun stuff. I think I've started feeling the "quickening", as they call it. I thought it was just gas the other night :), but it felt like little bubbles floating around, and they say it feels like popcorn popping or butterflies in your tummy. So that's a fun feeling, and I can't wait to feel the first kick!

As far as my health, I'm feelin pretty darn good. I'm starting to not be ashamed of my bulging belly, as it has become. And everyone at work knows now, so I don't have to hide it and be embarassed that they just think I ate too much. All the sweet little old ladies at work are so concerned, asking me how I'm doing every day and scolding me when I move a table or do too much labor. I'm really blessed that I never had to miss a day of work from being sick...hallelujah! I won't celebrate too much though, cuz ya never know how the next 6 months will go. But I don't get nauseous anymore, have a bit more energy, and aside from my frickin annoying red chin that won't clear up, hopefully I have that pregnancy "glow". At my last appointment, I was told that I'm anemic. Who knew? So I've been taking iron pills everyday along with my acid reflux medicine, prenatals and occasional stool softener. haha. Other than that I'm as healthy as a horse!! No complaints here, though, cuz I know it could be a lot worse!

6 comments:

Brittney said...

You are so cute! And how fun that you're starting to feel the "bubbles!" You really are in a great part of pregnancy right now. Enjoy it! =)

Charis said...

YIPEE SKIPEE! I am glad you are feeling well for the most part. However, I think, I right now, A year after I had Kendell, still look more pregnant that you do. He HE he. it was way exciting for me when I could start to tell my tummy was getting bigger... it is like it suddunly more real, and then the bubbles... even more real, it is realy kind of crazy! Yeah for you! Congrats.

Sommer said...

Oh Heather I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear more!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Your belly is so cute! Don't you hate it when people tell you that you're not even showing? I feel so big. I feel like my tummy grows drastically every single day, do you feel like that too? I will be getting into bed and either Steve or I will look at my belly and be like, "Where did that come from?! I swear it's double the size it was yesterday!" I thought pregnancy was way more gradual, but there really isn't anything gradual about it. It's like your whole body (and the baby's body) grows at hyper-speed.

I'm so excited for you to feel the first kick. It's a strange feeling, and instantly you feel the reality that you are carrying a person inside of you! I also think it's weird how just all the sudden the kicks get strong enough to feel. It's not really gradual, all the sudden you'll just feel it. And then it won't stop. You'll just be sitting there one day minding your own business and "thud". You'll think, "What the heck was that?" The first kick is so exciting. The first time Jake will be able to feel it will be awesome too. It's so fun, and I'm sure it is coming soon for you.

This morning my little guy figured out how to stretch his entire body out and push against the front of my uterus really hard with his feet for several seconds. He's done it three times today. It's a lot of pressure, and not so comfortable, so I just rub my hand against his feet and he'll back off, haha. It is so much fun experiencing all these things for the first time! All sorts of fun surprises!

Linda said...

Heather, I love it, love it! You make a beautiful pregnant mommy! And I'm so excited for you to experience every little thing along the way. It really is amazing...wish I could've had a few more! xoxox Mom
ps. Don't know who the Barnes are, but sure enjoyed their blog! =)

Ashley said...

I'm excited to see you (at church maybe?) at Christmas time! You make an adorable pregnant chica! It actually made me miss being pregnant (I never thought I would say that)! I think the part I miss the most is feeling the baby move. That's awesome that you are able to feel the baby now!