
Jake and I ventured out to Snowbird ski resort for the Oktoberfest they held for a few weeks. We got a few pictures, listened to some rousing Salzburger polka music, and downed a yummy bratwurst and sauerkraut. mmmm. Other than that, there's not much to do after the long drive up the mountain, unless you wanna spend mega bucks sliding down the alpine slide, riding the zipline, or bucking around on a mechanical bull. Still a nice Saturday afternoon activity, though.


We also made it to the Barnum & Bailey circus, thanks to Jake'! Let's face it, the circus is great for all- young and old! I don't care for the dumb clowns or drawn out musical numbers with so much going on that it almost stresses you out. But I do enjoy a good acrobat number or those crazy Oriental people that can twist their bodies in unnatural ways. I also enjoy the animals, especially the flittery white ponies that ran out on stage looking like synchronized midget horses. And I also like the elephants, although they kinda make me sad to watch cuz I'm one of those who thinks they should be out in the wild, free to roll in the dirt and spray water as they please. But aren't they cute in this picture? haha.


And this is the hat I wear at work once a month, on Red Hatters Day. It's when the ladies celebrate being part of a "society", if you will, for women who are 50 and older and like to wear red and purple. Because I am not 50, I'm only allowed to wear pink and lavendar on those days. We usually take a trip somewhere with the Red Hatters, and next week we're going to Gardner Village to see the witch displays throughout the shopping village. Should be fun!
jJake and I enjoyed a yummy oreo banana split, which didn't make the picture, at the Bluebird restaurant in Logan after the Utah State/U of U football game. Jake had to work the game and help make a commercial for KJZZ, and I went along for the ride. It was a nice little trip.

And we also enjoyed the UT State Fair...who can forget that festivity. After seeing the above sculpture of dancing farm animals which is entirely made of butter, and the dirty oversized pig, I was satisfied and ready to go! We also had to enjoy a funnel cake, cuz who can resist some good greasy fair food.

That pretty much sums up our September! We've gone places and done lotsa things, but I must admit...I do enjoy a nice lazy evening at home with a movie and a bowl of Ramen. mmmmm. (That's my latest craving, but don't worry...I've only allowed myself some a couple times, since it's completely void of any nutrition even though it's OH so good.)
5 comments:
You guys do so much fun stuff all the time, I love it! I remember you've always been a ramen girl, glad to see that some things never change. I was at the Olive Garden the other day for lunch and we saw this huge table of these old ladies in red hats, glad to know why now, that's sounds so cute and fun. The Elephants were so cute, what a good picture! Kepp those posts up!
Wow, you guys are busy!! I'm glad you're feeling better now and are able to do so much. Stay away from that Ramen!!
Heather, you do make me laugh! Glad you're having a fun Autumn! But remember how Grandpa loved Ramen and would hardly eat anything else?? He died. Go eat your fruit and veggies! =)
Love the hat! It looks like you had an eventful September!
... you'll do just fine when your baby arrives (I still think you're havin a boy:0) ) No matter what anyone says, you have to do what is best for you and your family. Pray about it. I know that sounds corny, but it will help give you confidence in your decision.
Oh the shanannigans you two get into!
Post a Comment