Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our House for the Holidays

So here are some pictures of our Christmas decorations that we eagerly put up this year! And also a little taste of our house if you haven't seen it lately. This first picture is of our living room from the entryway of our house...
And here's looking the other way into our kitchen when you first walk in the front door. That's our little collection of mini nativity scenes, hehe.
Here's a peek at our bedroom. I wanted to show the bedding set we got on Black Friday at Kohl's. I like it, it makes our room more cozy!
Here's some more of our living room and our little Christmas tree. Thanks to Jake's mom who gave us a bunch of cute ornaments, and my mom who sent out all my ornaments that I've collected over the years and usually hung on the family tree, we had enough to fill our tree! We didn't have a tree topper, so I just tied a big gold bow on the top. haha.

And I'm proud to say that I made this little number! For a relief society craft night, they had the wooden peace already cut out, so all I really did was paint and drill everything together and add a sparkly finish. But it made me feel actually crafty, which I'm not! Yay.

Jake's mom gave us this cute German centerpiece...you're supposed to light little candles on the bottom, and the smoke makes the windmill turn, which turns all the little levels. I never bought one when I was on my mission, so I'm so happy to have one now! And one of my cute little resident ladies gave me those place mats when Jake and I got married, so it's fun to use them now.
I decorated this gingerbread cookie at work, and somehow my cookies always turn out to resemble my mom. :) Don't worry, Mom, just the brown curly hair! Pretty cute though, huh?

5 comments:

Brittney said...

Cute, Heath! I'm especially impressed by your PEACE craft - so nice! We're excited to see you in less than one week!

Sommer said...

My in laws have one of those cool windmill things from Germany, I love them! i want one! Your house is gorgeous, and very tastefully decorated!

Charis said...

I love your peace sign. it is totally cute. i would love to make one as well, i wonder where they got the stuff.

Linda said...

Hi Heather, we miss you guys! Just got around to reading blogs- didn't know you'd made this entry. So fun to see your decorations and your cute house looking all Christmasy! Thanks for sharing the holidays with us! =)

Dad Wirthlin said...

Hi Heather.. hope you read this.

Can you email me your contact information? We are getting our late Xmas card out.. it si fun to find your blog

Alles Gute, Pres. Wirthlin
l_wirthlin@yahoo.com