
What??! You want me to eat off a spoon? And something other than milk? You're crazy!
No, I won't do it!
Noooooooo!!!
So we tried a diffferent day. :) She was all ready for bed, and Daddy took charge. We mixed a little rice cereal with some formula before adding water, because I heard that can just add extra nutrients so why not? He held her in his lap, got her mentally prepared...So we tried a different day. This time, we skipped the formula add-in. She's not used to it, and that stuff smells nasty, and I'm sure it tasted nasty to her, too. Sorry!
Wahoo, I love rice cereal!!! (Now if only we can get her to stop gagging on it...any suggestions?) I'm holding off adding applesauce or fruit because she might as well eat the plain stuff for as long as she'll tolerate it, right? What a good girl, I'm proud of our little Cam.








5 comments:
Hey Heather she is getting soooo big and you seriously get the best pictures of her! Well here's some tips, but I'm not sure how helpful they will be, so take it for what it's worth. First off, if she's gagging is it maybe too thick? Secondly for the first couple weeks with each bite the boys would take they would almost be sucking on the spoon so we would just kind put the spoon in their mouth and they would make a sucking motion on the spoon for a couple seconds and then we would take it out, and that way it minimized their gagging, and spitting out. I'm not sure if that makes sense so if it doesn't you can just ignore it =) At any rate even if you don't try these tips just keep at it and I"m sure she'll eventually stop gagging as she gets used to the texture. Have fun!
This is the cutest post ever. Darling pics and commentary. :) I'm glad she's getting used to it! Maybe she'll get some rolls on those legs after all!
Loved this! You should write a comic strip! =) Cute as can be, and fun to capture the stages. Give her a big kiss from Grandma and Grandpa!
Cute cute Cam! Such a big girl!
So Max had the same problem, and he would thrust his toungue out with each bite and it was very frustrating! I just think with practice it will get easier :)
Try giving it to her with a little bit of juice. you can put 3oz of water and 3oz of juice in a bottle and then add that to the cereal. my kids always liked it better that way.
Post a Comment