
Happy St. Patrick's Day last week! As someone who has Irish blood in her, I quite enjoy the happy holiday. It's a day to look forward to, dress up for, and cook special food that you don't have to stress about. It's just fun and festive. And it was actually Cambria's due date last year, so it was like a little celebration of Cami, too. Since her birthday party had been a few days before, I decided it was time to take the balloons down and let Cami have some fun with them. I couldn't resist taking some colorful photos, and was surprised she let me set her on the couch and surround her with them. She wasn't squealing with delight, but she wasn't crying, so that's good.

And who would be able to resist licking them? Not Cami Lamb.

I've always wanted to be a bunch of grapes for Halloween, and just wear purple and tape a bunch of purple balloons to me. This picture reminds me of that, or a gumball machine. Wouldn't that be cute to be a gumball machine for Halloween??

Anyways, after the balloons had had their fun, I took out the scissors and popped them all before Cami's very eyes. She liked the show. Then we took off in our matching green striped outfits to go to my favorite produce place: Sunflower Market. Here, Cami's sitting in her brand new convertible car seat that we got her for her birthday. The thing is HUGE, but luckily it fits in the backseat of our Honda Accord, and it's quite plush and comfy! She has always enjoyed car rides, but this must make them like 10 times better!

Later, we hung out in the yard and Cami almost camoflouged in the grass. Almost. Check out those mega squinty eyes! It was bright and lovely that day. I blew some bubbles for her and got her hair kind of soapy. What is it about bubbles that makes them so whimsical and mesmerizing? I enjoy them just as much as she does, and probably even more so. If you drive by our house on a sunny day, you can probably find me sitting on the grass, blowing my little bubble wand into the sky and smiling to myself as I follow the bubbles. Dorky? Yes. Allowed? Also yes. I have a child to entertain. :)

And that night, we had the traditional dinner of corned beef and cabbage, with carrots and sweet potatoes on the side. Mmmmm. I've loved it since all those years of my Mom making it for us, and now I must carry on the ritual! Next year I won't forget the green jello, which is a must.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that as we were walking around the market, we got some little chuckles (and maybe some rolled eyes but hopefully not) over our nerdy outfits. Hey, Cami's shirt and pants didn't even come together, but I couldn't resist dressing her in both for the one green day of the year. Jake forgot to wear green that day....he left before I woke up that day and I didn't get to make sure he was dressed appropriately. Shoulda pinched him.

And I'll leave you with a video of Cami and her balloon fun.
2 comments:
Cute! I love the outfits and her squinty face, and imagining you with your bubble wand. Gotta love Spring.
So adorable! I hadn't even seen the birthday post- I'm way behind this week! She's just getting so grown up! Love the pics- keep them coming! And enjoy Springtime with your little girl!
Post a Comment