Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Latest Happ'nins

I can't believe March is halfway over. It's spring this weekend- wahoo! Well, we haven't been up to TOO much lately, but I thought I'd post some pictures of what we HAVE been doing. We went to the Utah BYU basketball game the other week, which was a blowout in which BYU kicked their trash. Sorry Jakie. Cambria, as much fun as she looks like she was having, didn't last past halftime. Little stinker. It's getting harder to take her out at night, which is understandable cuz she loves and needs her sleep and thrives on a schedule, but still. What about the Jazz games and Scera shell plays and things that Jake and I love? I guess these are the things you sacrifice when you become a parent. :)
We've been giving casual horsie rides.
We've been eagerly awaiting spring, and welcoming the cute little purple flowers in the front yard.

We attended Disney on Ice: Worlds of Fantasy! Jake got tickets from his work, since it was AT his work, and we went with Kate, Jordan and little Mae. Cambria was enthralled by the beginning act with Minnie and Mickey Mouse, but kind of lost interest after 5 minutes. The rest of the 2 hours was spent feeding her snacks, letting her stand at our feet, lifting her on Jake's shoulders, passing her from person to person, and keeping her squirming body and flailing feet from knocking the lady's head in front of us. She wasn't as entertained by the Little Mermaid and Lion King as I was, but it was still a fun early birthday present for her.
She was all tuckered out by the time we got home that night.
I even got so preoccupied with wrapping Cami's birthday presents, I almost taped this box up with her in it. Or maybe she wanted me to ship her to Grandma and Grandpa Toone's house for the weekend cuz she missed them so much. Or maybe we were just finding fun uses for an empty box. She wanted to be in there!
And last but not least, Cambria got to do THIS!
That's right, she turned the big 1! I'll do a post on it soon. We just can't believe a whole year has passed since we held our little squeaky bundle of joy for the first time. The one with the maroon bow in her hair when the nurses brought her back from the nursery. The one who made the funniest faces when she was a baby, and the one who I never really got the chance to cradle in my arms and rock to sleep because she preferred not to be held. The one who slept in our room for 5 months in a bassinet and who now sleeps so independently every night in her crib like a big girl. The one who graduated to a big car seat and who eats the very food off our plates and who walks around pushing her Playskool riding toy and who bolts for the front door to get out and explore the front yard. Ohhhh little Cam Cam. How time does fly...

3 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Good times! (Except the basketball game)

Jana Banana said...

So much changes in just a year...she is growing up so fast!

She is so cute. It was fun to celebrate her birthday together!

Linda said...

It brought tears to my eyes to think of this past year and how much she's grown. Still a little peanut and cute as can be!