And the big drama of tonight was wrestler Rated R (AKA Justin) being called out on having a girlfriend and only going on the show to promote his wrestling career. I was surprised they jumped right into it and got Ali on fire at the beginning, and how he was such a coward about the whole thing. His face when she revealed that she knew about him was priceless. Ohh the silly people out there in the world. Craig, on the other hand, was a super nice guy and very solid, but he was the only one who didn't get a one on one date OR a kiss, so that one was pretty obvious. I like Ali, but I'm not looking forward to seeing her as a bawling mess in a couple episodes when Frank breaks her heart. I'm excited for next week, to see all the guys in Portugal, but I'm going to be so sad to see my two favorite guys go home. Maybe the previews led me to believe wrong, but I think not. I promise you that this show does not consume my life...just my Monday nights.
On a separate note, besides watching frivilous shows, I've been saving money! I wanted to show a couple pictures of the things I got at Smith's this week. I started doing my main grocery shopping at Smith's Marketplace by our house a couple months ago. It not only has a rewards card that accumulates points and gets me 10 cents off per gallon of gas, it also has some killer sales. AND I learned how to load e-coupons to my rewards card (on smiths.com, and shortcuts.com) which can be used in addition to manufacturer coupons. PLUS this week, they had another "rounding up to $1.00" sale, where every coupon, even if it's 10 cents off, gets rounded up to $1 (through tomorrow). So after following my favorite little couponing blogs and figuring out what would be free or pretty dang cheap, I set out to go shopping. I went once last week, but not to spend money. I wanted to impress Jake by only getting FREE things, so here's what I got:

Pretty good, huh? I only had to pay a quarter for tax. Then I went back today to get our groceries for the week, and got all of this lovely stuff.
Before sale prices and coupons, my total would have been $110. It came to $79 before the coupons, and my grand total was $38.22! We're talkin 3 things of milk, 6 things of cheese, yogurts, 4 good deoderants, face wash, body washes, cleaning supplies, snacks, produce....good stuff! And did you know that if you take 4 empty wrappers of Cache Valley cheese, you get into Hogle Zoo for free? So now we get to take Cami to the zoo, woo hoo! So it's shopping trips like these that redeem my faith in couponing and prove that it's fun to save!
3 comments:
Way to go, Heather! That's great. But are those Pizza rolls I see in there? Gross! I'm impressed by the cheese, thing, though. Let's all go to the zoo while Mom's here! Ari would love it. :) And yes, it is so fun to save!
I was hoping to see a post from you about the Bachelorette. :)
Here's my 2 cents (if you don't mind). I liked Craig a lot and I was sad that he never got enough time to be with Ali...but I suppose it was his time to go (their relationship was just too slow to develop, however, I think if he would have had more time with her, they could have hit it off). I really like all of the guys though. I really liked Frank at first, but now he bugs me a little. I was totally annoyed with the whole Rated-R thing. It was just weird and awkward when Ali was talking to his girlfriend on the phone. Supposedly the girlfriend was crying, but it looked like she was trying not to laugh. I hated that part. I wish they would have gone about that differently. But yeah, Rated R was a loser and I'm glad he's gone.
Now we wait 'til next Monday. :)
PS: good job on the grocery shopping!! I am totally impressed!
I miss Smith's! That is awesome that you are able to save that much money.
I'm sorry you ended up being so disapointed with The Bachelor. My friends were ticked off about the previews too. What were they thinking?
Post a Comment