Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cutest Little Duck Family, Jake's Birthday & Puppy Love

Is this not the cutest little duck family you've ever seen? I looked across the street last week, and this is what I saw. A mama and her 10 little children parading across the lawns and driveways of all my neighbors. She was on a mission, and I hope no one got in her way! I wonder where she was leading them. Maybe down to the Jordan River a few miles away. I also wonder where they were coming from? Where did those little babies hatch? I love how they follow their mom in a perfect little line, with a few stragglers at the end but followers nonetheless. Maybe it's the mother in me, but this picture speaks a lot when I look at it, and it makes me smile!

I realized I didn't post pictures of Jake's 29th Birthday! It was on May 13th- Happy Birthday, my sweet boy! I love thinking of May 13, not only because it's his birthday, but because that was the day I called him for the first time after our first date. After getting up the nerve, and being afraid that he'd be blowing out candles at that moment, I called him to wish him a Happy Birthday. It was 3 days after we'd gone out, and we'd only met about a week ago. When he answered the phone, he sounded surprised and delighted that I'd called, and we chatted for a few minutes until he said "Can you hold on a sec? My family's waiting for me to blow out my candles". Oh geeeez, perfect timing, Heather! But then he got back on and we chatted a bit more, and I'm sure I made his day. :) The days are long gone when a girl has to sit by the phone for hours and wait for that boy to call....now she can just pick up the phone and do it herself. Saves a lot of time and trouble! We ended up going out that week, and every week happily ever after!

Anyways, Jake's birthday. We went out to breakfast to Scaddy's (YUM) on our way down to Provo, cuz he had to hang banners for high school championships at UVU and BYU. Cami and I accompany him on those trips cuz it's fun and gives us the feeling of "roadtripping". We went out to lunch with his Daddio, and then he had to work the Real SL game that night. Laaaame. But as always, I printed out all his birthday restaurant freebies that he could use at his leisure throughout the month, so we enjoyed those (including free Baskin Robbins ice cream, free Schlotzsky's sandwich, free Red Robin gourmet burger, and free meals at some restaurants including Tucano's which I thought he'd be SO excited about but we never got there!) Here he is opening some fabulously wrapped presents with Cami.
We enjoyed dinner at Archibald's with Jake's parents and sister, Esther and her cute baby Walter. He had a free meal there, but they also gave carrot cake to everyone with entree purchase, and then they brought out a huge chocolate lava thing for Jake's birthday. Holy food!
Jake and his Daddio
And Cami watching a cute duck that was meandering around the walkway.
And here's some pictures of Cami hangin out during the week. I decided to see if her tights still fit...they're made for 3-6 months....and alas, they do!
Haha check out that outfit! So cute and colorful.
Sometimes when I don't want to walk far from home but want some pretty scenery, I just stroll across the street to the Glover Nursery and look at the plants. :) This is a pretty little part with a fish pond that we took Bella to.
I went and visited Bree at her apartment last week, thinking it would be fun for Cam to play with little Sadie. I always forget how rambunxious that little canine is! She's a Jack Russell Terrior, as active and spunky as they come, so she doesn't stay on the ground for more than a second when visitors are around. I had to hold Cam high in the air to avoid her jumps and nips, and then she went in her kennel. Sorry Sadie. But even in there, her barks scared Cami, as you can tell from the fist in her mouth!
Even scareder. Poor little bawling Cam. Sadie really is a cute, sweet dog, but her energy level is a little too much for Cam.
And speaking of dogs, my sister-in-law Jana took this A-dorable picture of the Yospe cousins (minus Clara and Walter) at dinner the other week. Such cute personalities!

Anyways, happy June, and I'm excited that summer is almost here!

1 comment:

Linda said...

So fun to click on your name and see a new blog....although I certainly didn't mind seeing Cami's big eyes looking at me before! I love her stylin' outfit, and can't believe how long her hair is getting! She looks like such a big girl! Hope she'll remember me!