I thought I would give an update, and just write how the week has been. I don't know why I always seem to space my posts a week apart, but that how it always turns out. So first of all, Cami is doing great! On Sunday and Monday, we got lots of calls and visits from family, friends and neighbors who wanted to show their concern and love, so that was very nice. We appreciate it all! My cute primary president, Evelyn, with whom I serve, came over and brought yummy brownies and a loaf of deeeelicious homemade bread from our other presidency member, Sister Walter. That made my day...there's just something about baked goods that warms the soul. :)Our Bishop stopped by that night to check on Cami and make sure we were doing ok. It was so cute- when he walked in the door, Cami walked right over to him and said "Hi!" He was surprised at how good she appeared to be, and was glad everything was alright. They announced in church that there were several families in the ward who were dealing with illness or afflictions and needed prayers, and we were one of them. The Bishop found out from Evelyn when I told her I wouldn't be in primary, and Jake told his Young Men's president that he wouldn't make it to YM either. So word spread, and we had some neighbors who came over and said they were so sad when they heard Cami had fallen. Jake's the assistant Scout Master to Cecil, who came over from across the street with his wife (the Relief Society President) and said how much he loves little Cam and couldn't bear the thought of anything happening to her. That was cute. Sometimes she goes into class with them on Sunday, and he said he loves giving her things to play with and watching all the funny (and probably distracting) things she does. They said, she's such a cute girl- she HAD to be ok!
And Monday night, my brother Nathan and Allison came over with adorable happy flowers for Cami, and stayed for dessert and games. Bree stopped by after work too, and Cami was SO delighted to see her Aunti Bree and laughed non-stop while running around the living room.


On Wednesday, Britt came over with her kiddos, and Cam had fun playing with Ari and the boys. We went to the fish pond and playground down the street, and Cami loved sitting on the swing with me and walking all around the playground. Today I took her to her pediatrician to get a check-up, per the doctor's orders at the hospital. As expected, he took a couple minutes to check her out and said she was perfectly fine. We get to go back in a few weeks to get her 15 month check-up, too.
Today, she started saying "baby", which sounds so cute! She also does the flutter tongue whenever she looks at her favorite little book about horses, cuz ya know how horses trill their lips? And today she started saying "nay" for the horses too, which just makes me laugh. A couple other things she does that I don't want to forget: when she doesn't want to eat something, she makes this high pitched little "Hm" and turns her head away, with no fail. She's really good at knowing what she does and doesn't want! And when there's a loud noise or when she's anticipating a block tower to crash, she sticks her fist in her mouth. It's like a nervous habit or something. Whenever we hear an airplane flying overhead (which is often, since we're by the airport), she makes a "whoosh" sound and moves her hand in the air. I just can't believe how fast she's growing, and although it makes me a little sad that she's not my little baby anymore, I'm enjoying every day with her (even more so now!).
Today, she started saying "baby", which sounds so cute! She also does the flutter tongue whenever she looks at her favorite little book about horses, cuz ya know how horses trill their lips? And today she started saying "nay" for the horses too, which just makes me laugh. A couple other things she does that I don't want to forget: when she doesn't want to eat something, she makes this high pitched little "Hm" and turns her head away, with no fail. She's really good at knowing what she does and doesn't want! And when there's a loud noise or when she's anticipating a block tower to crash, she sticks her fist in her mouth. It's like a nervous habit or something. Whenever we hear an airplane flying overhead (which is often, since we're by the airport), she makes a "whoosh" sound and moves her hand in the air. I just can't believe how fast she's growing, and although it makes me a little sad that she's not my little baby anymore, I'm enjoying every day with her (even more so now!).
6 comments:
So glad she is doing well.
It makes me so happy to hear she's doing better! What a precious little girl!
She is so stinkin cute!! Seriously, those big brown eyes are the prettiest things I've ever seen. I'm so glad she is healthy and doing well!!
I love reading about all the cute things she does. I can't wait to hear her horsie sounds. :)
Well, those are just eyes to melt your heart! So glad she's back to her normal cute self and learning so many new things. Can't wait to see her! =)
Heather she is so cute! I am glad everything turned out okay! So scary!
Post a Comment