Look at that little miss sassafrass. I think she wasn't trying to pose like a model; it just happened. She felt girly in her new summer sandals and bright summery skirt...and that bow, woo! Lookin good little Cam. Well since she just turned 15 months on June 15, I wanted to record the cute things she says as of late. This is a list of her vocabulary:~Dada (she says it to her Dad, any picture of a man, and any time I answer my phone)
~Mama (with her voice really high on the first Ma, which is really cute. Once she started calling me that FINALLY, she also called Jake that for a week or so too. He was a good sport. Now when she says hi to people from the grocery cart, she points to me and tells them I'm her mama.)
~Hiiii (She's very friendly to anyone we see in public. My little social bug)
~Uh oh! (whenever she sees something out of place like a lightbulb on the counter, or trash on the ground. Today she pointed to her wet pants when her diaper failed to do its job.)
~Wow! (so enthusiastic, even about a little moving line of sunlight on the carpet)
~Yeah (usually said like a question)
~No (sounds like Doh)
~I love you (sounds like Ah yuh you. Melts our hearts.)
~All done (sounds like Ah dah!)
~Ewww (when something is gross, obviously)
~Flower (sounds like Wowah, and always said excitedly!)
~Balloon (sounds like Labooo)
~Weeee! (sounds like Beee! She says it for swings and slides, and gets SO excited over both now)
~Ho ho ho (thanks to Jake, who taught her to say it while he's thinking about Santa Claus and pirates, in the context of Ho ho ho and a bottle of rum. Hmm)
~Dance (sounds like Dan, dan dan while she holds her hands together and bounces up and down)
~Blub blub (fish)
~Oo oo ee ee (monkeys)
~Nay (horses)
~Roo roo (dogs)
~Maaaa (sheep)
~Waah Waah (nasily, for ducks quacking- the cutest sound yet!)
Alright! That's a pretty good list. She surprises me every day with things that she's picked up on. She gets so excited over the littlest things, like every toddler I'm sure, but it helps me appreciate the little things in life. I get excited at the first sighting of a bird, or a picture of a butterfly, or the sound of an airplane. Because she does.
Check out that hat! It's great for blocking out the sun. Maybe I'll pick one up for myself. Cami would laugh at me, along with everyone else.
She's a little goofball, which I love. And she loves time with her Daddio!

She had her 15 month check up last week. Do you think she's moved up on the charts? Her cheeks do look a little fuller and her little limbs more squishy.Nope! She is still in the 5th percentile. Our teeny little pipsqueak. She weighs about 18 lbs 10 oz, just 4 more pounds than my 2 month old nephew! And she is in the 25th% for height, and 50th% for head. She's moving along the bottom of the curve, so we just have a healthy petite girl on our hands.

She got 3 shots at her appointment, which made her cry a lot but was quickly comforted with fishy crackers and then was ready to run outside. She had a fever and lost her appetite for a few days after that, which made us sad. But she's back to her normal will-eat-just-about-anything self.She still won't drink milk, but is still nursing a little so I'm not too worried. She still takes 2 good naps a day (bless her) and sleeps from 8 pm to 7 am. She's an expert walker now, and even gets close to running these days! One of my favorite things she does now is ask questions in her own little way: She'll babble babble and end it in a high note, cuz she knows that's how a question ends. Haha. "Blabablaughliaknxiodknkienlaaakbniyeah???" She also sits and looks at books and babbles away in her own little language.
She LOVES to be outside, running around on the grass and sidewalks, loves reading books and being read to, and likes being chased and tickled. She hates getting her teeth brushed so I won't be surprised if she gets cavities, often turns diaper changing into a wrestling match, and is a fun little shopping companion even though she often tries to abort the shopping cart. She makes our life so fun, and we love our little growing girl!

4 comments:
That's about how big my boys were at that age. Calder was 18 lbs and Lincoln was 19 lbs 11 oz.
I get so excited when I randomly click on "Yospe" in my bar and a new blog entry pops up! Love this! I can just hear her little voice saying all these things, and I'll have to teach her to say Grandma and Grandpa next! She's such a cute tiny little thing! Who thought we'd ever have petite ittle granddaughters like Cami and Ari! Can't wait to see them!! =)
She is so cute! I can not get over how much she looks like you when you were little! Love her precious little self!
Cute! I love little Cami. It's so fun to see all the things she can say now! And isn't it funny how exciting things like ducks and planes are once you have kids? The worst is when you're driving by yourself or something and still get excited, but no one's there to share it with. Nerdy, I know. Can't wait to hang out again once Mom's here!
Post a Comment