Monday, October 11, 2010

A Few Things We've Been Up To

We took a tour of Sweet's Candy Factory in downtown Salt Lake the other week with Carrianne and Bella. It was my 3rd time, but it never gets old. :) You get to wear a stylish hairnet (which Cami had to be bribed with candy to keep on her head) and walk through the factory and see all the different candies/chocolates being made. They even have tons of umbrella strollers to take your wee ones in, which we did. The best part, of course, is the free samples! We got to try grapefruit sours, chocolate cherry sticks, and handfuls of taffy- including a chocolate/caramel/buttered popcorn movie theme flavored taffy. Then after the tour, you end at the gift shop area where there are samples of every kind of candy and chocolates at your disposal! What more could you want. It was fun to take the little girls and I would recommend it to anyone with or without kids! Here's Cam running into the gift shop to touch all the merchandise with her hairnet still on.
Cami got a super cute free cookie on a stick for completing her library summer reading program! Actually it consisted of me reading to her, but it was fun and easy and had lots of perks. We'll definitely do it again next summer!
Cam and I went to a mother daughter Luau for our relief society activity, and it was so fun! The gym was all decked out, and we enjoyed Hawaiian haystacks, sherbet dessert, real hula dancer performance and lessons, baby photo contest and limbo and hula hoop contests. We dressed the part.

Cam loved playing with her lei, and borrowed the prize lei from our friend Evelyn for winning the baby photo contest. It was the biggest candy lei I've ever seen!
Cami got chased by a chicken at Wheeler Farm. It made me laugh.
Doing her "fist in the mouth I'm nervous" thing.
Run, Cam, run! That chicken was not bashful. He really wouldn't leave us alone. I was afraid he would peck my ankles as I tried to get her in the car.
I took Cam with me to the "What a Woman Wants" expo, since I had free tix and it's always kinda fun to walk around and see all the booths. It was pretty fun except for the part where a girl asked if she could show me something on my hair, and I hesitantly agreed. Then she proceeded to spiral curl half of my hair with a straightener, and when I said I couldn't buy the $100 straightener, she said she was done. Me, being dumbfounded and totally embarassed with half straight/half curly hair, said to my friend "Oh my gosh I have to walk around like this now!" But luckily my friend has guts and said "uh uh, you've got to finish her hair. She didn't ask you to do this." So the girl begrudgingly put a few more curls in on the other side, and I felt so dumb. That's why I don't curl my hair in the first place. Straight and simple- that's how I like it. But doesn't Cam look adorable??
And we painted our basement bathroom this striking "Robust Orange".
And took some trips to Home Depot. Jake has done such a fantastic job on everything- we're down to carpet and lighting, and then it's pretty much done! I'll post pictures when it's finished, but I'm so excited to get carpet and have it feel like home down there finally.
We helped Brittney celebrate her birthday, and posed with this gigantic vibrant flower that David gave her. :) Happy Birthday, Britt! Love ya!And Cam tried to break into a police car. We visited Jake at one of the highschool games they were televising, which is what he's been up to every Friday night. Good thing he enjoys watching football!

This was a random catch-up post, huh? We're enjoying fall, and I'm so excited for Halloween!