The Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey Circus....the Greatest Show on Earth....travelled through Salt Lake a couple weeks ago. Somehow in the previous years, we scored free tickets and have been able to go every time. It's something I totally look forward to now! This time, we didn't have tickets and I didn't think we'd be able to go. But the nice thing is that they do a parade through the Gateway downtown the day of the opening show. I've never been to it, but Jake thought it would be fun to meet us there for lunch, since it's right across from his work, and then watch the parade. So after a yummy Panda Express lunch, we went right down to the street level and picked a spot to watch the action. We snapped a quick shot with the circus ringleader, which made for the fun picture above. Before the parade started, Jake entertained Cami by taking her up and down the escalator. :)


The local police and security people passed out little posters and clown noses to all the kids, which was cute. Then the parade began at noon, and out came all the circus performers and animals (minus the tigers). It was a fun, out of the ordinary thing to see! I loved the stilt guys, the long legs just make me chuckle.


It made me realize how odd it would be to live as a circus performer. They were from all different countries, and somehow they chose to join the circus. More power to 'em.


Love the elephants! And the miniature horses! They make me laugh every time, seeing them prance so daintily in a little line.

After we'd seen it all, which lasted about 20 minutes, we walked to the next street to watch it all again at the end! That's how much we love the circus. :) hehe.
Cami and I left and came home, when Jake informed me that his work was doing a drawing for employee tickets to the circus that night. He'd put his name in and would let me know if we won. Lo and behold, we did! What a happy surprise on a Wednesday afternoon. So Cam and I drove back downtown that evening, and we invited Kate and Jordan (with Mae and Henry) to use the other 2 tickets he'd won for the KJZZ suite at the arena. The downfall to the suite is that it's up super high, and the circus set with all the lights is a lot lower than the suite, so it blocked some of the show. Lame! But we still had fun. This cage of death thing was my favorite act. They had a family of brothers, 7 all together, ride around on their motorcycles at the same time in this little cage. Riveting, I tell you. Riveting.

After we'd seen it all, which lasted about 20 minutes, we walked to the next street to watch it all again at the end! That's how much we love the circus. :) hehe.
Cami and I left and came home, when Jake informed me that his work was doing a drawing for employee tickets to the circus that night. He'd put his name in and would let me know if we won. Lo and behold, we did! What a happy surprise on a Wednesday afternoon. So Cam and I drove back downtown that evening, and we invited Kate and Jordan (with Mae and Henry) to use the other 2 tickets he'd won for the KJZZ suite at the arena. The downfall to the suite is that it's up super high, and the circus set with all the lights is a lot lower than the suite, so it blocked some of the show. Lame! But we still had fun. This cage of death thing was my favorite act. They had a family of brothers, 7 all together, ride around on their motorcycles at the same time in this little cage. Riveting, I tell you. Riveting.I still don't know how they fit like 12 clowns dressed in superhero costumes in a tiny VW bug. Oh the wonderment of the circus. There's just something about it that provides just as much fun for adults as it does for kids! Or maybe it's just me. :)





2 comments:
We always loved Ringling Bros. Glad you could take Cami Lamb!
I love that you're so easily entertained. :) Although I do have to say a lot of what they do is quite amazing!
Post a Comment