Can I just say....Y-U-M. Oreos hold a special place in my heart. For as long as I can remember, Oreo cookie ice cream has been my favorite by far and always my first choice. Oreo cheesecake, oreo shakes, any kind of oreo dessert....I cannot resist. What is it about those little chocolate cookies with cream filling? I do not know. But I definately missed them for 18 months on my mission in Germany...and life is better because they exist.
Who knew, that 2 simple ingredients could come together and make such a delectable, gourmet treat. I first tasted these at my sister-in-law's baby shower, and have been determined for the past year to make them. I finally decided it was time, when I needed a simple dessert to take to my mission reunion. I had been reserving a pack of Oreos in my cupboard for months, just for this purpose.
They are so good! Try them. It's just a pack of Oreos, crushed up, and a package of cream cheese mixed together and rolled into balls, and dipped in some melted almond bark or chocolate chips. I can't eat more than one at a time cuz they're soooo rich (although at that baby shower I was somehow able to eat like 5. I think pregnancy has weakened my eating abilities). I followed the recipe on Bakerella, and although it was a little time consuming to dip and re-dip the balls, it was fun and worth it. I might just have to make these at Christmas. Or invite me to a bridal or baby shower, and I'll have a good excuse to make them. :)

4 comments:
You can't follow up a potty training blog entry with one featuring a photo of little brown balls.
Those look delicious!!! And I love the previous comment. :P
Haha I agree! But they do look scrumptious!! Which is why you should NOT make them while I'm visiting! =)
Heather-- you amaze me with your domestic cooking skills! Remember when you first had Cami and were staying at home, and didn't quite know what to do with all your free time? You've developed some great skills, sista!
Post a Comment