This is just an after-church shot the next day. Love Cami's smile.
On Monday, I decided it was finally time for Cami to get a haircut! In all her 2 years of life, a pair of scissors had never touched her blonde hair. And not only did I want a little locket of hair to put in her baby book :), it was also way too long in the front and always getting in her eyes. We went to Cookie Cutters, mainly for the experience, and Grandma Toone was a fun haircut companion. That place is so cute, and Cami loved the slide of course!
She got to sit in a cool little pink car, and watch a video of The Hungry Caterpillar.
She was such a good girl, and sat so still and calm like she'd done this dozens of times.
Before bangs...
After!
Hey, look at me! Lookin goood!
The proud mama with her cute girl! They gave her a balloon, cookie cutter and sucker, and she left a happy lil lady.
We stopped at Gardner Village for a look at the ducks and animals.The goats were being funny. And we picked out a bunch of yummy treats at Sweet Afton's for easter baskets.
On Wednesday, the 20th, we celebrated Ari's birthday at a park in Orem. It was a super cold, rainy day, so we all bundled up and ate good food under the pavilion. When cake time arrived, Ari was afraid of the candle and cried all through the Happy Birthday song. :)Cami had her eye on that cake! She loved the Minnie Mouse theme.
The next day, Cam and I went down to Provo with Mom and Dad for Nathan's graduation. We went to the big commencement ceremony in the Mariott, and Cami looked nice and fancy for the occasion.It seemed crazy to think that it had been almost 5 years since I had sat there as a graduate. Elder Scott was the commencement speaker, which was special.
We sat next to Allison and baby Katelyn, and this was such a precious sight when Cami held Katelyn's little chubby hand. :)
Nate looked handsome and so grown up in his gown!
The 2nd day of graduation was a little trickier, since it was in a gym with bleachers and Cami had her cousins to be wild with. They did ring around the rosie right there in the aisle, and with much getting up and walking around the track, we got through the diplomas!
I wish Jake had been there to help me wrangle Cami though....she was off the wall and stuck in a poopy diaper for pictures, and I was exhausted by the end of everything. But we got a good family picture of everyone who was there, and the cool thing is that we all graduated from BYU! Congrats to Nate, who's going on to do his Masters in Mechanical Engineering and is currently in Tanzania, Africa doing a water drilling project with his team. That boy's awesome!
Easter came and went, and soon it was time for Mom and Dad to leave, but not before we played a good game of Quirkle! I love this picture of Dad, doing his oh so Dad thing...organizing all the tiles after the game by shape and color only to discover that one had been missing. I love his engineering brain.And Mom is such a fun reading partner, Cami loved sitting on her lap and reading book after book after book.
After Cami and I waved goodbye at the door as they drove off for the airport, I put Cam down for her nap. When she woke up, she was looking down at her blankie and quietly said, "Where Grandma?" I said "Aw, she left to go to the airport, to go home. Remember?" She took a second, still looking somber, and asked, "Grandpa too?" It was one of those sweet heart-breaking moments when you feel so sad about having to say goodbyes, and how it is through a child's eyes. She sure loves her Grandmas and Grandpas! We loved having you visit, Mom and Dad, and can't wait for you to come back soon!






















3 comments:
Now you have me crying! Our visits always go by way too fast...but maybe this summer we'll all get sick of my long visit! This is the first picture I've seen of us at the temple- so fun! And I love the picture of Cami holding Katelyn's hand during graduation! And I hadn't thought about that- but all 9 of us in that picture are BYU graduates! Wouldn't be able to say that if Jake could've come....but it's a fun "BYU legacy" picture. Love you anyway Jake! =)
In this case, I am happy to be the black sheep, I guess:)
BYU also provides an excellent education. Congratulations Nathan! Nice job. Sorry I had to work and couldn't make it...if it helps any I didn't even attend my own college graduation.
I like the picture of Cami checking out her new dew..ha
Post a Comment