The doctor saw us first, since there was a little wait for the ultraound room, so they did the usual (weighed me and I've gained like 9 pounds I think since the first visit. Blugh). We listened to the baby's heartbeat, which sounded awesome- nice and fast. And that was that...short and sweet! Then we finally got into the ultrasound room, and the same lady who's done my last several ultrasounds with the last few pregnancies was doing ours. I like her...she's super knowledgeable and efficient, and does it well. Here are some pictures of the ultrasound. It was so fun to see the baby's little face. You can see its knee folded up by the belly, and that little bubble by the mouth is actually part of the umbilical cord.
Cute little legs and feet, and little hands in between.
And here it is: Proof that we're having another GIRL! I love that moment of anticipation. I was super happy when I heard girl, and Jake just smiled real big and I gave him a high five and we laughed. Two little girls will be super fun....I wanted Cami to have a little sister to play with.Here's a side shot of the baby's spine...kinda cool, huh?
Check out those good-sized feet! She takes after her mama!
And this one is looking down on the baby's head/face, and she's holding her little hands together. Cuuute. To me, at least. :)
It was fun to watch the whole time, and I didn't want it to end! It was nice and thorough, though, and everything looked healthy and normal. Baby girl was fun- she was squirmy and active on the screen, and one time she even jumped for our enjoyment. :) I felt lots of flutterings and kicks later that night, and am looking forward to feeling them more strongly over the coming months! Oh, and they bumped my due date up to October 4th instead of the 8th. Wahoo!
When I told Cami that the baby inside Mommy's tummy was a girl, she said "No....just boy baby." haha. So it'll take some time for her to come to terms with it, but I'm sure she'll be thrilled to have a little sister. Especially in the beginning when sister is too little to play with her toys. :) We have a few names that we're thinking about, but nothing decided yet. I think it's a fun process, although with the name Cambria we didn't have to do any thinking or deciding because my mind had been made up for years and luckily Jake really liked it!
Later in the day on Monday, Cami and I laid on the couch together and watched "Beauty and the Beast", her favorite (and really only fully-watched movie to date). It was precious, because I closed my eyes and started drifting off, and she laid next to me under the blankie and half-watched the movie and half-watched me. You know how kids are....she'd touch my ear, stroke my cheek a little, try to lift my eyelid ever so gently, touch my eyelashes, play with my hair, hold my hand. I loved it. She said silly things and made funny faces (she has this new one where she rolls her eyes up in her head and kind of goes cross-eyed and stares at you...hahaha) and made me laugh, and it was a tender little afternoon with my sweet girl that I don't want to forget.
ALSO, that afternoon was the FIRST time that Cami went potty in the toilet! Yaayyy! For a month or so now, she's gone through the motions just for fun....she'll say she wants to go potty, pull down her pants, I take her diaper off, she'll climb the stool, lift the lid and put her potty seat on the toilet, sit down, play with the toilet paper, wipe for good measure, and then try with her little hand to flush. It's cute. But kind of tiring and tedious for me. :) But I know it must be done. On this occasion, however, we actually had potty come out, and she got this really surprised, excited look on her face and I cheered! Gave her high fives and hugs, and Jake made a really big deal of it when he got home from work that day, so proud of her. What a big girl! (Granted, it hasn't happened since, but it's definitely a start!)







6 comments:
I'm so excited for you! 2 girls will be so fun! I agree- I think ultrasounds are the best part of the pregnancy! It's so amazing to see a baby growing and moving inside of you! What a great day! Way-to-go with the potty!
Fun! Since I never had any ultrasounds I've always had a hard time "seeing" what the pictures say they are, but yours are nice and clear! Cute baby girl! Very exciting! Cami will be a wonderful big sister!!
So excited for another girl! She's gonna be adorable just like Cami :) Enjoy your one-on-one time with Cami right now....I remember those last few months before Max was born were so precious! Congrats!!
Yay Heather I'm still just as excited for you. She is going to be gorgeous! And what a sweet little moment with you and Cami! Love it.
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so so so jealous!! Those ultrasound pictures came out so clear! And that's really exciting about Cami's potty success! How funny about her excited/surprised look! And I love that little movie and cuddle time story :). Warmed my heart :) :).
Those pictures are so cute! I love all the fun little details. Hooray for little girls!!
Post a Comment