Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cute Cami Sayings- The Mouths of Babes

Have you ever seen the classic church video from 1980 called "The Mouths of Babes"? It's a genius piece of work. They've tried to recreate it a few times in the years since, but those just don't compare.
That's the little girl who steals the show when she excitedly says "Oh I know this one!" and goes into a random tangent of "When Pebbles was a baby..." when asked who the devil is. :) Go to the library and find it or borrow it from someone, cuz it's the best! It makes me laugh every time. We used to watch it all the time at home, and I pretty much have it memorized. It's only like 25 minutes after all. :) To watch a little clip of it, go here.

Anyways, kids say the DARNDEST things, don't they? You never know what is going to come out of a kid's mouth, and I think that's one of the funnest parts of being a parent. We've so enjoyed seeing Cami grow and learn, and her vocabulary is really picking up now! I didn't want to forget any of the funny things she's said, so I made up a word document on our desktop. Whenever I remember something funny she's said recently, I quickly jot it down while I'm on the computer. Here are some of the cute things she's said lately:

2/18/11 As she was eating some dry Life cereal for breakfast, she came across one piece that had a corner missing from the square. She held it up and said, “Choo choo train!” She then started to drive it around like a train, and wanted me to bite corners off others so that she could have more trains. (Since then, she loves to look for shapes in everything. She picks up pieces of food and says "swing! slide! snake! letter C!"
3/2/11: Today, as Cami and I were getting ready to get in the shower, I backed up a little to grab her towel. But she was standing right behind me, and jumped a little at my bum in her face, and she said “ooooh, scaaarrryyy.” (how rude).
4/23/11 in the car….Cami loves to point out the temple! Every time we pass the temple down the street, she yells “I see temple!!!” and we say "who's on top?" and she says "angel Moroni!" She points out churches and other temples excitedly, too. Today in the car, I told her it was called the Jordan River Temple. After we passed it, she said “Bye bye Jordan! Bye Bye Kate! Bye Bye Henry.” I thought that was super cute.


4/23 Jake and I also talked about St. George while we were in the car, and when Cami heard, she said “George! The monkey!”

4/24/11 EASTER We tried to talk to Cami about how today is about Jesus, not just easter eggs and candy. Luckily, she had a great lesson in nursery about “Jesus was resurrected”. When we asked her what she learned, these are the details she said “Jesus”….”sad”….”bed”…..”blanket”…..”friends”……”big rock”……”happy!!”…..”resurrected!" :)
4/27/11- She’s getting SO good at her foam alphabet puzzle. She knows what direction the letters go, to put them bumpy side up, and she can point to which letter the piece goes with! She picked one up and I said “Which letter is that?” And she answered “Q!” correctly. (as of today 5/17, she knew where all the letters went, and could name most of them just by looking at them. Go girl!)

4/28/11- She came down the stairs today and said “Oh my gosh!” (We have no idea where she got that from. She’s repeated it the last couple days, and I’ve tried to teach her to say Oh My Goodness, instead. (Now, she'll randomly say "Oh my gosh! Say, oh my goodness!" all in one.)

4/29/11- Cami was watching Full House with me, and she pointed to Danny Tanner (the dad) and said “He looks like Nathan!” hahaha.

4/30- We went to the library today as a family, and Cami was sooo fired up, she kept saying “I’m so excited! I’m so happy!” She loves the library, and comments on the spider they have there in a tank. “Spiiiiider…sleeping….read books! Play with toys!”
5/3/11- I was reading the book “Heidi” to Cami, and she pointed to a bucket of milk. And I said “yes that’s milk from the goats! Did you know goats give us milk? And so do cows.” And I asked her, “Do you know what chickens give us?” I told her, “Eggs”. She replied “And dogs….give us bread.” I laughed and said, “well, dogs don’t give us food, they’re just good friends.” To which she said, “How bout dogs give us fruit snacks?” J
5/10/11- She’s getting used to hearing “When you’re older, you’ll do this…”. So now she says “When older, I wear pack-pack.” “Older….I ride bus!” “Older….I wear earrings!” (poor girl, she probably feels like she can't do anything till she's older!)

5/11/11- Tonight we asked Cami what we should name the baby girl. She said, “ummmmm how bout…Cami?” no. “How bout….teddy bear?” haha. “How bout….Princess?”

5/14/11- One day this week, when I was getting dressed, Cami pointed to my bum and said “BIG bum!” I was offended but it was really funny. Then she said “teeny bum, biiiig bum”. I thought she meant her bum compared to mine, since she also says “Mama BIG, Daddy big, Cami liiiittle!” But then today, she said it again and pointed to me and said “BIG bum” pointing to the back, and then “little bum” pointing to the front. Haha (is that appropriate to blog about? Oh well, I did).

Gotta remember the darndest things they say!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I love this! And I totally laughed at the teeny bum/big bum comments. Oh the thoughts that go through kids' heads! I also love the fruit snacks... one of my fav's. Hopefully you can try to catch some funny things on video to save for future years! Love that girl... can't wait to see how the next one turns out... Princess. :)

Brittney said...

These are all so funny! I laughed at so many little things. I need to be better about writing things down! They're the funniest at age 2, I think. :)

Linda said...

Oh, scary bum, big bum, little bum....they all made me laugh till I'm crying! Love it all!

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

She is so cute! I think you should cut her hair like that! I love all her little sayings, my favorite (i'm sorry to say) is when she said "ohh scary!" And the Jordan River Temple -- of course!

Heidi Perez said...

Oh man those were funny. And man, she is smart! We had to put Jason's alphabet away because he was shoving them down the floor vent... He's now missing two letters. :)
And! I was just thinking about that 80's church movie today! I saw it for the first time a few yrs ago. It's hilarious!! My favorite part is when they ask the girl what we were doing before we came to earth, and she replies with, "Oh...just rannin' around!"