They have so many fun photo opps!
And the witches are so fun...they seem to add a few new ones every year. The kids can do a scavenger hunt to find the witches, and then get a chocolate chip cookie at their yummy bakery. Cam loved it (and I bought a Mexican Wedding cookie, since it's soft and melts in your mouth, and it was so good I made my own that week and now I crave them all the time!)
A witch riding her bike in the sky!
Cam and I went back with Brittney and her kids the following week. It was craaaazy busy on a day off of school, but still fun.
A bunch of ladies dress up as witches and have parades, dinners, hay rides...who knows what else...throughout the season. This one just happened to parade by, and I loved her pumpkin boobs. :)We visited a little pumpkin patch while Mom was here, even though we didn't need any pumpkins. I think Frankenstein's hand placement is a little questionable here...
Cami was fascinated by this hologram (?) guy. I thought it would freak her out, but she just stood and listened to it talk for awhile. She just loves everything Halloween!
Lexi wore a few cute little Halloween outfits.
Here's Cami's cute costume! My mom brought it with her from PA, and it just happened to fit. It was perfect, because Cami had just seen that Winnie the Pooh movie the other month, and likes little Piglet. Notice her little Winnie the Pooh under her arm that she'd gotten from Grandma and Grandpa Yospe- cute!
On Saturday, we went to "Boo at the Zoo", where all the kids wear their costumes and go trick or treating to booths around the zoo. It was SO crowded, but it was a lot of fun! We got in free with our zoo pass, and Cam had fun as little miss Piglet. They gave out things like string cheese, chips, chocolate milk, free kids meal coupons, and good ol candy.Cami and Daddy rode the carousel- she loves that thing! Jake is her designated partner, since it makes me dizzy. :) I love this picture of them.
That night was our ward Halloween party, and I had to take a treat, so I thought I'd give cake pops a try. Check out Bakerella here to see the AMAZING cake pops she makes, since she is the inventor. My eyeballs definitely didn't turn out like hers...they were supposed to be green eyes, but everywhere I looked was sold out of green candy wafers. And the edible ink pens I bought sucked. But I had fun making them!
You just bake a 9x13 cake, crumble it into a bowl, mix with a can of frosting, and roll into balls. Then you stick lollipop sticks into the balls, dip the chilled balls into melted almond bark, and then decorate with candies, sprinkles, etc. So cute! And super moist and yummy.
Enjoying soups and desserts at the church.
After church on Sunday, Cami helped Jake carve our big pumpkin. Well, she watched and looked cute.He did a fabulous job, and Cam was sure excited!
Haha...here's Cam trying on the Bert mask from Grandma and Grandpa Yospe's costume collection. Jake brought it home just in case, but he chose to wear an Elvis mask and leather jacket to work. Nice.
Happy Halloween, little Lexie Anne! Nathan and Allison gave her this cute little onesie.
Cam with a kind of freaky face, super excited to go trick or treating!
I took Cami around to some houses by us for about 20 minutes, and then Jake took over and I passed out candy at home. They were out for about an hour and a half- her little legs were tired by the end!
And this is Lexie's costume-a cute little butterfly! She hated it. But she just wore it for a few pictures anyways. I love how big and bulbous it is.
Her pose in this one makes me think of dainty.Look at that cute little bug!
I was sad when Halloween was all over. Now we're left with so much candy, it's kind of gross! I bought way too many mini candy bars to hand out, but I haven't minded eating a little every day. :)



























1 comment:
Cute pictures! I love that last one of Lexi in her costume with the little antennae sticking up. :) And even though Halloween is over, think of all the fun Christmas goodies you'll get to enjoy soon!!
Post a Comment