Monday, August 20, 2012

Fun Times with Grandma Toone


Mom to the rescue, once again!! When I got the call from Johns Hopkins to see Dr. Stein a few days after the 4th of July, my parents encouraged me whole-heartedly to go. My mom was already here for the summer, and although she had long ago committed to watch Ari for 12 days while Brittney's family went to Bermuda, she also signed up to watch Cami and Lexi. Bless her heart. She was actually really excited to get to spend 2 weeks with granddaughters. And we were so grateful that she could! Jake and I sure did miss our sweet girls, but Mom was good about sending pictures and videos of what they were up to every day, and I knew they were having fun. I think that was Lexi's first time sitting in a shopping cart like a big girl!

Mom took my advice to throw together some cow costumes and hit up Chic-fil-A on their free food day. She did a great job of coming up with black and white outfits for all 3 girls!

I just love how close these girlies are. They had a blast together. Ari stayed at our house in the basement bedroom with Mom for those 12 days, and Cami loved having her "twin" living with her.
All ready for church! haha I did a double take when I saw this picture, because Lexi isn't standing on her own yet, but she sure looks like a big girl in this one!
Mom went out and bought a cute hippo swimming pool for the backyard, and the girls played in it almost every day. Bree and Cassity came over to visit, which the girls LOVed.

Lexi is crazy about water! She loves baths, and now she loves swimming, and always crawls right up to the edge of the pool and tries to climb in. Today when we went swimming, she couldn't get enough of playing with the watering can and splashing around. So cute to watch!
Cami and Ari were even helpful with watering the garden.
They liked to play "hospital", and in this case Cami was the sick patient and Ari was the doctor. :)
I love this picture so much. My little cabbage patch Lexi Lou. When Mom sent this one, it made me miss her so much!!
And when Mom sent THIS one,  it made me miss my gorgeous girl Cami Lamb so much. Her sweet ringlets and blueberry face.
It was nice to have a little "vacation" in PA, but it was hard to be away from this little ball of spunk! Let's pretend she's saying here "Mommy, you're hoooommme!"
Thank you so much, Mama dear, for taking such good care of our girls! We love you and miss you, but we're sooo grateful for the amazing summer that we got to spend with you here.

3 comments:

Adam and Jessica said...

That is so great the cousins are all so close and your mom was able to spend so much time with you guys! Grandmas are the BEST!

Brittney said...

Cute!!!! You're lucky you get to be there with her and Dad now, even if it is for your yucky health reasons. Still, enjoy it, and we'll look forward to having "the twins" play together again when you get back! :)

Unknown said...

I'm a little behind on reading the blogs! This is so cute! We miss everyone just looking at all those pictures :)