Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy 4th and 24th of July!

I know these posts are all old news, but I hate having so many pictures of fun things and not posting them! So here we will capture the magical essence of Independence Day. Cami was fully decked out in her patriotic attire, and ready to watch the Centerville Parade.

My mom came with us, and we sat with Jake's parents and Jordan and Kate and her family. It was lots of fun and the kids reaped tons of candy! It was super hot and sunny, though, so we all took cover with umbrellas.
The best moms and grandmas in the whole wide world! Love these ladies.
Mom bought us all popsicles to help cool us down. I cheated my diet and gladly consumed the delicious high fructose corn syrup. :)
Cam enjoyed sitting by Mae and Henry, eagerly anticipating the flying taffy.
Princess float! Her favorite.
The essence of summer: sunglasses, popsicle, and a parade on a sunny day. Fun times!
From Centerville, we drove down to Orem for Grandma Willes's family barbeque. Jake had to work the Real Salt Lake game, but the girls and I joined the rest of the family. Here's Lexi Lou in her patriotic outfit!
I love the many summers we've spent in this backyard with family and good food! Grandma's so cute. She always makes a peach/apricot punch in a big container in the kitchen sink, so Jake calls it sink punch. And she carries on Grandpa's tradition of making homemade lemon flavored vanilla ice cream for every occasion.

Here's me and Mom with Uncle Alan and Aunt Chris from Texas, Aunt Chris from Lehi, and some of our fam.
Ari and Cami were twins, of course! The kiddos couldn't stay away from Brittney's homemade cookies.
Love this pic. Bryan, Matthew, Ari and Cam- buddies for life!
After Grandma's house, we drove to our usual firework watching spot on University by the Malt Shoppe. Allison was so cute to bring glow sticks, poppers, and sparklers for all the kids. This was Cami's first time holding a sparkler, and she was in awe! I call this picture: Sparkler Wonderment.
Cami and Owen were totally pooped by the end of the night! I love how they're in the same position, and Lexi is so much bigger. :) Sweet babies.
The 4th was a day full of fun, and so was the 24th! I love that Utah has another holiday to celebrate in July. It's another reason for festivities, fireworks, and a chance to honor our pioneer heritage.Pioneer Day started out with the Days of '47 Parade, which we watched from the front row of the KSL section. It was another hot day, but we had a good time and Cami loved watching it with all her cousins.
And Lexi enjoyed the whole thing from Grandma's lap! haha my cute little pudgy baby doll.
Yay for July celebrations!

No comments: