The Celebrations store has a collection of awesome witch hats. This was a particularly fun one.
And this was an extra large witch named "Hope" to stand for breast cancer awareness.
Cute cousins.
This past week, we went to Gardner Village again so that Cami could go on a pony ride. It's so cute- the ponies walk all around the village, so it's more than just a normal round-the-circle ride. Cami rode on Silver, and was a natural. :)
Brittney and her kids came too, and of course Cam and Ari had a blast running around and finding all the witches. And giant spiders.
We went to our ward Halloween Party (minus Jake- he had to work a Real soccer game). I dressed the girls in different costumes that I didn't care if they got dirty. Cami's a vampire and Lexi was a cute little pirate. Yay for dollar store costumes from the closet!
There were tons of yummy soups, and a plethera of Halloween desserts. I made a chicken pot pie soup, which turned out really yummy, and I made some gluten free/dairy free/egg free sugar cookies shaped like witch fingers. You know, long, skinny and knobby with an almond slice for a fingernail. Mine spread, and didn't look realistic like I wanted. I didn't take any pictures cuz I was ashamed, but decided to take them anyways so that I'd have something to eat. :) But lo and behold, my cookies won the award for best Halloween dessert presentation! Cafe Rio gift card- woo hoo! And Cami enjoyed one of Amy Grant's adorable cake pops, which won for best tasting dessert.There were carnival games and prizes, which Cami loved. And Lexi enjoyed bopping a balloon around while Cami did the cake walk.
THEN, the day before Halloween, we went to library storytime in costumes. Here's Lexi Lou as a cute giraffe, and Cami as a ghost. She had decided she wanted to be a ghost about a month ago, and wanted to be spooky. But I didn't want to just throw a sheet over her head, so I found this cute idea to have her be a cute white tutu ghost. :) We already had a white tutu, so it worked out perfectly She wasn't exactly thrilled, but she went with it, and got to choose what the face would look like. I just taped pieces of felt on her shirt and called it good.
Her ghost face.Storytime was Halloween themed, of course, and the kids got to go trick or treating around the library at the end. Here's Cami, in her favorite place.
Then for dinner, we went to Chic-fil-A because they were giving free kids meals to kids in costumes. You know me, I wouldn't miss that. Daddy and Lexi Lou, ready to eat.
Cami decided to be Cinderella this time. :) It's nice to have options, right? Pretty little princess.
On Halloween, we went trick or treating at RC Willey where Grandpa Yospe works. Cami got candy galore! And it's fun to see Grandpa at his work and get to visit in his office.
And finally, the real trick or treating night. Daddy dressed up as....something. :), and took Cami around the neighborhood and had a good time. I stayed home with Lexi after we had a yummy dinner of homemade pizza, and continued working on my homemade candy bars. I'll do a post on those later. I passed out candy and waited anxiously for Cami and Jake to get home...
So that I could do this:
Am I the only one who does this? I know, I'm a total dork. But I just think it's so fun to sort candy into different categories. And Cami was all into it too. And Jake just shook his head and smiled. :) Lovely, lovely Halloween. Let's do it again next year.


















1 comment:
I love sorting the candy! I totally did it with my kids, and I think they liked it, too. The tradition will live on!
Post a Comment