Thursday, November 1, 2012

More Halloween Crafties- We had fun.

 A mummy pumpkin! How adorable is that?? I saw the idea on pinterest, and just had to try it. I used 2 little rolls of gauze from our first aid kit, and hot glued the ends down so that they would stay. Cam helped me glue on the extra large googly eyes, and then we drew a little mouth with Sharpie. He makes me smile every time I look at him...he might have to stay on our porch till Thanksgiving.

I also don't want to say goodbye to this lil lady! For a Young Women's activity, we painted or carved pumpkins, and I had no idea what to do. But I just picked up a paintbrush and started making a super girly face, and named her Cami. She has a bow and a necklace, and has Cami painted on the top. She totally makes me smile too!
Another storytime craft was this adorable little bat headband. In this picture, Cami was not happy to be leaving the library. It's pretty much every time I tell her it's time to go home, she looks up from the books she's cuddled up with on the floor and says Nooooo! Then she refuses to leave, so I have to say "Ok, bye!" And start to walk out the door, and she pouts and sometimes cries as we walk out, and I just have to tell myself "Ohhh I'm just glad she loves to read so much." 
Bat makes another appearance! Here she is, excited to paint a ghost with homemade puff paint. I found the idea here. You just mix 3/4 cup shaving cream with 1/4 cup glue. Super easy!
 Mix, mix.
 Get hands messy! She was a little hesitant at first (cuz honestly, I don't provide her with many opportunities to make messes and explore. I need to be better about that) but she enjoyed it. What kid wouldn't?
This was her finished product, after googly eyes and a mouth like she wanted. We let it dry for a few hours, then I cut it out and hung it up.
On a different day, we made this A-dor-able Q-tip skeleton. When I saw this on Pinterest, I fell in love with it. And I knew I had all the supplies needed- that's always a plus. However, I didn't know that the white Q-tips would be too hard to cut, and I also didn't account for all the gluing. Gluing Q-tips is tricky for little fingers! So I basically did it all except for the face. :) But it's cute.
 Here's our Halloween craft door in the kitchen. Those little ghosts on the bottom are Lexi and Cami's feet! Cute, huh? Lexi's foot is so short and chubby. And Cami was super ticklish when I was tracing her feet- she kept giggling and giggling. But they look so cute with little arms and googly eyes added.
And one more- we made a spider out of an egg carton cup, colored black, with pipe cleaner legs and googly eyes. Cute little guy.

So one day, I was sitting on the couch folding laundry, and Cami came over and sat down. As she did, the spider had been laying there and got caught in her hair, but she didn't know it. I said "Ooh Cam, you have a spiiiiider in your hair."

She looked over at me slowly and said "Really?"
 Me, laughing now. "Yeah, you do."

Cami- "Well, get it out."

Me, laughing uncontrollably cuz I'm mean. And I hadn't laughed in awhile, so it was the kind that just starts and you can't stop, and it turns into half crying.
All of a sudden, she turns her head and sees the legs of the spider on her back and gives out a BLOOD-CURDLING scream, complete with trembling and crying. The poor girl thought the spider was REAL, and I felt like the meanest Mom in the whole world.

The end.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha :) I teared up laughing at the spider fiasco at the end! Those are some cute crafts! Yay for Halloween!!! Love you guys!

Linda said...

Who would've thought our sweet little Cami would love spooky Halloween so much?! I'm still laughing about the spider in her hair- I can totally picture that episode. But I love the mummy pumpkin and all the cute crafts (she'll see the bat hat picture when she's 15 and wonder why you let her out of the house in it!() It's adorable though, as are all of you!

Brittney said...

Hahaha, I'm totally belly laughing right now! Poor Cam. I thought she loved spiders! :) Love all the fun crafties! You're an inspiration to me!

Brittney said...

P.S. I love Lexi's pirate costume from the other post and Cami's excited face in the first picture of the ghost craft with her bat headband. :)

Heidi Perez said...

Oh my gosh I just died laughing!! Thank you! Cute crafts too!
How did you get play-by-play pictures of the spider in her hair?! Priceless. :D