Nicknames: Cam, Cami, Cami Lamb, Silly Bill, Sweetie Peet
Age: 5
Favorite color(s): PINK, light blue (the color of Elsa's dress)
Favorite Song(s): Let It Go! From Disney's Frozen. She's pretty much obsessed with anything Frozen. She's learned all the words to the soundtrack, and loves to sing and dance along. She also likes silly songs from CD's that we get from the library, like songs about poop, eyebrows, and pee pee in the potty. ;)
Favorite Primary Songs: "I Am a Child of God", The Baptism song "I Like to Look For Rainbows", "Book of Mormon Stories", "On A Golden Springtime"
Favorite Movies: Frozen, and other Disney princess movies, Despicable Me 1 & 2
Favorite TV Shows: The Berenstain Bears, PBS Kids shows like Daniel the Tiger, Peg + Cat, Disney shows like Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First
Favorite Food: Pork Ribs with Asian Slaw (haha it's a paleo meal that I've made a few times and she requests it all the time), chicken on the bone, chicken nuggets and french fries (Chick-fil-A), favorite fruit is strawberries. She still loves to eat frozen peas, and likes avocados, red peppers, nuts. Daddy makes her "cheesey eggs" which means fried with a runny yolk, that she likes to eat for breakfast. She's still a candy fiend, although she doesn't get to eat all that much because I hide it!
Favorite Book(s): Her Frozen book, and classic fairytales
Favorite Game(s): The animal game (in the car, when you think of an animal and the other person has to guess by asking yes or no questions, The Alphabet Game (in the car, saying "I'm going on a picnic or wherever and I'm going to take an apple, banana, car, donut, elephant, etc.) Spot It, Uno, The Lady Bug Game, Candy Land
Favorite Toy(s): Barbies, her Frozen toys, dollhouse, Minnie Mouse, the Story Reader, and her Drawing electronic game
Favorite Activities: "Go to church" was her first response. :) She does love her CTR 4 class and her teachers, and cute young couple. Drawing, going to movies, playing with Lexi, playing with cousins, playing PBS Kids computer games, playing on Daddy's iPad, riding her bike, going to preschool, going to story time and the library, eating frozen yogurt at Menchie's, swinging, miniature golfing, playing on the playground, making new friends. dressing up, reading, swimming.
Favorite thing to do with Dad: "When he babysits me and I can ride in his car". She loves to eat chicken nuggets with him at McDonald's. She also loves to surprise him in the morning by coming into our bathroom when he's shaving.
Favorite thing to do with Mom: Go on trips, go to the mall, go to playgrounds and movies, read with her.
Biggest Accomplishments: Cami started preschool in September and has been loving it. She has 2 student teachers who switch off weeks, and she's made some cute little friends in her class. She's also learning how to read, which is awesome. She just read a book to me this morning called "Here is My Cat", and she read every word perfectly! She's learning how to add and subtract by using her fingers, which is a start! She knows how to write all her letters and numbers. She loves to swim and is getting braver in the water, although she hasn't had swim lessons yet and would love to! She also still takes a nap sometimes- bless her! She usually plays quietly in her room during naptime, for which I'm very grateful!
Talents: She's great at making friends. Whenever we go to a park or playground, she spots someone that she'd like to play with, goes up to them and says "Do you want to play with me?" and then usually they run off together and have fun. I love that about her. Cami is smart and is great at reading, spelling, rhyming, and counting. She's a good little singer, too! Cami also has an amazing memory.
Most Endearing Qualities: She's so funny, she makes us laugh with her quirkiness. One of her quirks is that she SMELLS EVERYthing. Especially books. If she's reading a book, or if I'm reading to her, she leans over and takes a big whiff, and usually smells every page. I think she gets that from her Aunt Bree. Her smelling habit also applies to other things too....the laptop, toys, Lexi's hands, etc. haha We're not sure whether to be worried or not. I think it's just a cute quirk right now. She is sweet, loving, caring, and has a love of learning. She's friendly, sensitive, and kind. Some of the little boys in the neighborhood think she's cute :) She doesn't judge...she's very accepting.
Qualities To Work On: She does have a mind of her own sometimes, and has the ability to be rather defiant. She whips out the attitude very quickly, and we have to remind her to lose the attitude, and be a good listener, and obey the first time! (but doesn't every parent?) She could work on being more tidy and actually caring about not making messes. She still makes a huge mess when she eats, and we're not sure what to do about that! She's been doing really well with staying clean and dry lately (maybe because she's wearing new Frozen panties), but we've had a LOT of accidents over the past year. She also has a weird habit of putting Everything in her mouth. Her hands, toys, blankets, hair, whatever...it drives me crazy! I'm sure it's just a phase and she'll grow out of it though. We also need to help her learn to be polite and respectful to teachers and adults, because sometimes when she gets familiar with someone and likes them, she turns into a silly wild child! Also, she hates getting her hair brushed.
Goals for next year: Avoid getting any more UTI's (urinary tract infections). She's gotten a few this year and it's no fun for anyone! Improve the attitude :), improve reading and math skills. Start Kindergarten!! (We're still deciding where to send her) Take swimming lessons and hopefully dance lessons! Learn to whistle and blow bubblegum bubbles. :) Gain more confidence, especially when talking to adults, and more self assurance. Sing out more in primary. :) Maybe ride a bike without training wheels. Go to Disneyland! (We're going this December for her first time- YAY!) Laugh lots and love life!
What she wants to do when she gets older: Be a cowgirl or a princess!
Quotes: "Oooo I wish I could go up there and smell that book" (as we're sitting at story time), "You're the BEST Mommy ever!" "Love you more than chicken pooh!" (she learned that from Daddy) "Can I play PBS Kids now?" "What are we going to eat for breakfast, Dad?" "Mom, I want a snack. I want to pick a piece of my candy." "I don't NEED to go potty!" "I'm going to ride my bike until Daddy comes home." "What did you dream about last night?" "Tell me a really scary story, Mom. ....now tell me a really really happy one!" "Lets play the animal game!" "What's going to be the snack at preschool?" "Mom, don't go up and bear your testimony! I don't want you to cry".
***We were in the car the other night, and I was telling Cam how much I loved her and am excited when she's 8 and baptized and can go with me to the LDS Women's Conference. But that I didn't want to her to grow up faster and just wanted to enjoy life right now. And she said "Are you sad that I'm growing up, Mommy? (to which I replied No, well I'm sad when I think of my little baby growing up) and she said "But then I'll have babies and you get to be a grandma!" (to which I said That's right! That part will be happy) And then her little sad voice said, "But then you'll die!" (Well, that's also part of the cycle, isn't it?) Aww my sweet Cam Cam. Love her and her little spirit.
Current Stats: 38 lbs, 42 inches tall. 50th percentile across the board. Nice and healthy!
This was right before she got out for her birthday day at preschool. She was so excited to show her All About Me poster and share treats with her class.
Getting her birthday crown at school, ready to be sung to. Cute girl bites her bottom lip when she's kind of shy and getting attention.
Love that sweet face! And I love love love her teeth. They are perfect and adorable and sometimes I just sit and look at them and they make me smile. And those chocolate brown eyes, that silky smooth face, I just love it all. She'll always be my little baby.
On her birthday morning, she opened up her photo book and read it on Daddy's lap.
And that night, after her Frozen party, we went to Boondocks and she got to ride the bumper boats, go carts, and her favorite: play miniature golf!
3 comments:
I'm laughing at myself because I totally read this with tears in my eyes. Why so emotional, Auntie Bree?! I have no idea. Maybe it's because she was my first little niece and I had to like girl babies from then on. :) I do love her, and it's crazy to think how fast these kids are growing up! Great post. :)
Oh, sweet comments from Bree, and I loved the post too. Lots of fun info about Cami, and such cute pictures. She is a little beauty, and sweet as can be!
I loved reading this! Her quotes were the best, especially the one about smelling the book and you dying when you're old. :) Hahaha! Love that little Cami Lamb!
Post a Comment