It was a first as a family! We went ice skating in January. The Olympic Oval was hosting a free family night, complete with churros and hot chocolate and skate rentals, so we were there! Is this not the cutest little 2 year old ice skater you've ever seen?!
I must admit...I was really excited to strap on some ice skates and ice skate again for the first time in years. I used to be so comfortable on the ice when I was a girl, and then I got more hesitant as I got older. It's the same way with horse back riding with me. What's the deal?? Shouldn't years of experience add to the confidence, rather than diminish it?
Anyways, we all put on our skates and hobbled up the stairs and out to the ice, eagerly. As soon as I stepped on the ice, I quivered and quaked and wobbled and my heart leapt up into my throat. I don't remember ever feeling such fear! It was SO lame! Obviously, I was way out of practice. I kinda gave up right away and decided to sit on the side and be a pleasant onlooker, while Jake held on to Cami and tried to teach her how to skate.
Lexi enjoyed her churro and hot chocolate.
Cute skaters.
We saw someone pushing a baby in a stroller on the ice, so Jake decided he would go get our stroller and we would follow suit. Brilliant idea! Lexi rode, and I pushed it and used it as a nice support. It also gave Cami something to hold on to, and after awhile, she got much more confident.
Look, Mom! I'm skating!
Fun times. I'm glad the girls had the opportunity, and I know Cami loved it!
P.S. When I told the girls that we were going to Disney on Ice the other week, Lexi told me, "Ok, Mom, but I want to hold Daddy's hand because the ice is slippery." :)
1 comment:
That's so fun! We used to love to go ice-skating with you guys, and when I was young there was a skating rink on Utah Lake, and we all had our own skates. Mine were white with big colorful pom-poms on the toes. Haha! I love Lexi's little face in the first picture. Her rosy cheeks are perfect for ice-skating! And using the stroller was a great idea. Good for Jake, and Cami looks great! Hopefully the first of many family ice-skating sessions for your cute family.
Post a Comment